Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Game of Thrones

Never seen it, but I heard it has lots of sex and violence against children - Must watch.

Breaking Bad is the best thing since sliced bread though

Never seen it, but I'd bet Waking Dead is better

I watch both shows. I have also read the source material of both shows. "Game of Thrones" the show is infinitely better than "Walking Dead" the show. It is in part because the producers of Game of Thrones decided to stick closely to the books, whereas the Walking Dead show producers almost immediately deviated from the books.

I watch both shows. I have also read the source material of both shows. "Game of Thrones" the show is infinitely better than "Walking Dead" the show. It is in part because the producers of Game of Thrones decided to stick closely to the books, whereas the Walking Dead show producers almost immediately deviated from the books.

I'm in the same boat now (remind me later that I need to return the first GoT's book), and came to the same conclusion, though I think "Walking Dead" has done a decent job of incorporating the source material and getting back on track (as much as they can).

Not to say that "Breaking Bad" doesn't hold up, all three of these shows are stellar (go ahead and toss "Justified" into the mix as well). You could really make a case for whichever is your personal favorite.

Outside of HIMYM, I can't think of a network show that is a must watch for my household.

Modern Family and Parks & Recreation, I want to watch that new Kiefer Sutherland show. It looks like 24 with a gifted kid.

Modern Family and Parks & Recreation, I want to watch that new Kiefer Sutherland show. It looks like 24 with a gifted kid.

I like both, but I haven't been drawn to them enough to label them "must see". I could see P&R, maybe Community, moving into that realm, but it just isn't there for me. I've never been able to get into 24, and that new show he is in hasn't impressed me either.

I haven't seen any of this show yet, but I'd like to eventually. Other shows:

The Walking Dead: It's a bit soap opera-y, but it still works for me.

Mad Men: The show hasn't gone anywhere in the last couple of seasons, but I still like the characters despite Jon Hamm's inability to make more than two different facial expressions.

House: Painful loyalty...that's it.

Breaking Bad: I dunno about this one. I honestly hate every character in this show (especially his damn wife and kid) and I'm not committed as of yet beyond the first season that I've recently completed.

How I Met Your Mother: I don't think it's as funny at is used to be, but after seven seasons, it's nice to know the show is still watchable. For a big network sitcom, it's hard to beat this show.

New Girl: If you can make it through the first few episodes (full out Zooey Deschanel in quirky mode) I promise you will like this show. They really started to flesh out the other characters, and I find the show to be really funny now.