Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

Greatest Board Troll of All-Time (Category Update)

I want everyone weighing in on this one.

I decided not to set up a poll because I'm sure I would leave out some obvious nominees.

For my pick, I gotta go ThuglifeJ. People forget how dominant this guy was back in his peak. 3400 posts in one season? That's unfair. He was way more prolific than VCdaCarter and even went as far as to say that Duhon should start over Jameer. Not only that, he even SPORTED a Jameer avy/sig just to make us think that he was a fan of the team and even further, a fan of Jameer. I think at one point he said the entire team was holding Vince back during the ECF match-up against Boston. That's ELITE, ladies and gentlemen.

Runner up may go to Mac man. He wasn't great at anything specific but he was a well-rounded, jack-of-all-trades kind of troll. Really just hit you from all angles.

What about you?

EDIT - Trolling isn't an easy topic to narrow down to one poster's capabilities, so we have a few different categories:

Most Prolific Troll (MPT): Emphasizing quantity over quality.

Benign Troll Award (BTA): For trolls who took on set personalities but actually contributed to board discussion.

Most Underrated Troll (MUT): Guys who went under the radar. Most people don't realize he's a troll because he's done it so subversively.

And finally:

Greatest Board Troll Of All Time (GBTOAT): Factors proficiency, level of ignorance, and longevity.

I thought PEC was a quality troll, but I think the 2 you mentioned might trump.

Also, any of the characters Jareth played, ie. Warriorsfan05, SixersFan, etc.

ThuglifeJ may have had the quantity, but there is no quality trolling like Hoopczar quality trolling.

Hoopczar managed to simultaneously be consistently wrong and nonsensical. Condescending and incoherent. Incredibly aggressive while claiming to be under attack.

Then, he went through and apparently edited every single one of his posts to say this:

HoopsCzar contribution's are no longer available on this website due to Mod jealousy,..LMAO !!!

But it was a blast getting you from the low 3200's to 4129 member within a year Magic fans. I'm constructing my own Home court and you can stay in touch on twitter until then,.. http://twitter.com/HoopsCzar

Thou shalt have no troll before Hoopczar.

PEC lacked the intent to be considered a Troll. Junkie though, that guy snapped and turned into super troll for a while, particularly with his anti-JJ and then anti-Jameer campaigns.

ThuglifeJ may have had the quantity, but there is no quality trolling like Hoopczar quality trolling.

Hoopczar managed to simultaneously be consistently wrong and nonsensical. Condescending and incoherent. Incredibly aggressive while claiming to be under attack.

Then, he went through and apparently edited every single one of his posts to say this:

[/size][/color]

Thou shalt have no troll before Hoopczar.

See, this is why I didn't make a poll. How did I forget Hoopsczar? Particularly, when I mentioned him only a couple weeks ago...

Jackie - your post has me thinking there ought to be different categories. I'll update it soon.

Hi-Top - I was gonna mention Junkie, but it's a sad story when you factor in that the guy actually used to be a contributor.

I still don't know, but VaBchMagicFan seems to have been forgotten with time. To refresh your collective memories, he was the guy that constantly talked about his father being a professional scout. Good times.

Certainly not quantity-wise, but the Sixers girl from the 1st round of the '09 playoffs who was constantly arguing Dalembert's superiority over Dwight did create a few worthy threads.