Sign in to follow this  
Bauncey Chillups

2012 Draft Discussion Thread?

We just saw the Bulls without Rose get easily taken out by a pretty bad Sixers team

Why anyone wants any of those players is beyond me.

The Sixers isn't that bad.

And they lost without Rose, Noah and with Deng playing injured (he's postponing a surgery to play in the Olympic Games for Great-Britain).

They still didn't fix the chatroom here yet?? What? No draft day chat :(

That's why we have Tinychat. If Beast isn't here to host a chatroom I'll do it

I've seen several mocks give us Arnett Moultrie, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think PF is the last thing we need to adress with this pick. I think chances are solid of both Ryan and BBD being back, plus we have Harper who hasn't gotten a shot yet. Not to mention that Fran may actually end up coming over this year. Besides, if we were to take a PF, I'd prefer Royce White.

I really like the idea of a SF or PG. We need to try and get the most talented player we can get, but someone with youth and upside at the three or five just sounds too good.

Looking at the pieces we have (with Dwights extension) we can easily be a contender. I believe we are 2 players away from championship. A defensive minded back up center and a player who can create for himself and teammates. With a strong penetrator defense would have to respect and make s decision. With Dwight that's helluva one two punch.. I believe that's why Dwight wants a gaurd like Paul or Dwill . Monte would be perfect fit.

I've seen several mocks give us Arnett Moultrie, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think PF is the last thing we need to adress with this pick. I think chances are solid of both Ryan and BBD being back, plus we have Harper who hasn't gotten a shot yet. Not to mention that Fran may actually end up coming over this year. Besides, if we were to take a PF, I'd prefer Royce White.

I really like the idea of a SF or PG. We need to try and get the most talented player we can get, but someone with youth and upside at the three or five just sounds too good.

Fran sucks

I watched some Barcelona games in the playoffs against Valencia and Real Madrid and Fran is soft as ****

That Bulls trade is awful. Not a single one of those players solves our "we need someone to score consistently" issue. I love Noah and Gibson but in their current roles; defensive minded energy center/leader and first big off the bench respectively. To pull that deal off, we'd have to extend Watson, Noah's on a big deal; I think Deng is too. We kill all of our cap flexibility with role players.

See, those are the type of moves that I pray to god we don't make. If you trade Dwight; it 100% has to be for a guy who you think can make an All-NBA team. Anything else isn't worth destroying the cap flexibility that we'll have in 2013.

Back onto the draft topic: If Perry Jones slips, you take him. I don't care that we're set at PF if we want to be; Jones is arguably the best talent in this draft; he just has some aggression issues which you CAN work out. If he's not there, I look for Harklees to fall a couple picks. I don't think he will, but he has to be option 2.

After that, I look at Kendall Marshall. His athleticism isn't great but his vision, passing, and feel for the game are outstanding and we need that.

If Marshall is gone, I look at Jeff Taylor but not sure I'd pull the trigger. I think at this point I'd try to have deals for Anderson and 19 lined up to see if the top 3 don't fall, pull the trigger on a deal. Try to trade up in the second (like last year) and nab Wroten.