Sign in to follow this  
Bauncey Chillups

2012 Draft Discussion Thread?

2. If Dwight is really gone, trading him, Turk, Duhon and rights to Fran Vazquez to the Bulls for Deng, Noah, Gibson, Watson, #29, their Bobcats pick in 2016 and the rights of Nicola Mirotic (the best big man in Euro right now) would be something to think about.

If the Magic can pull your trade idea off, it would truly be magic (or it means they slipped the date rape drug to Bulls GM). You suggesting since the best big in the NBA and essentially nothing esle for a starting 2 and 5, a pg that I feel could be a starter in this league, a solid PF, two picks and the rights to the best big in Europe (to which I have no idea if this is true). Seriously, do you think the Bulls have paid attention to what happened to the Knicks and Nets?

Since I have "slammed" your trade idea, I will propose one of my own:

Howard, Anderson and Duhon for Noah, Gibson, Watson, #29 and the Bobcats 2016 (its several years away, but its the Bobcats pick) and the Bulls pick next year. I do not really like this trade since I would rather get a couple of young plays and a couple of high picks, but this would give them a young replacement at PG if Nelson leaves, and aggressive PF and Center to go with a couple of picks.

The magic could then pick the best pg available and take a flier at #29 and extra pick next year. The 2016 pick could be used as a trading piece. OKC did build through the draft so multiple picks are ok since some of there picks were not high picks.

If we trade Dwight to the Bulls I might just kill myself

waits for jokes

What if we get good players/picks out of it?

Bulls might not be in a good place with Rose and Dwight... a duo of "bum knee" and "bad back" could lead to several down seasons.

We need an update on Dwight's back.

Bulls might not be in a good place with Rose and Dwight... a duo of "bum knee" and "bad back" could lead to several down seasons.

i might have to steal your sig to use on another site....can i? if i give you credit for it?

i might have to steal your sig to use on another site....can i? if i give you credit for it?

Use it all you want.

If we trade Dwight to the Bulls I might just kill myself

waits for jokes

I was a Bulls fan before the Magic existed and still follow then a little. I really just pulled that trade idea out of the air since there was a post not to long ago about proposing a trade idea if you rip one (as in a trade not a fart!). Though I do think that would help both sides as it would give the Bulls another star if the sad case the Rose is not the player he once was and given the magic some young talent and picks (since our gm is from a team that built though the draft).

Well, I like Taj Gibson and I like Boozer's post game but he's old and way overpaid. Noah shouldn't be anything more than a role player

My hatred for these Bulls is because of the amount of bandwagon Derrick Rose fans (even here in Portugal) so I hope they get older and older and never win a championship, I don't want us to help them land Dwight :panicworker:

I'd rather get someone like Ibaka and Harden or Marc Gasol (plus picks in both scenarios) and obviously make Hedo disappear

If the Magic can pull your trade idea off, it would truly be magic (or it means they slipped the date rape drug to Bulls GM). You suggesting since the best big in the NBA and essentially nothing esle for a starting 2 and 5, a pg that I feel could be a starter in this league, a solid PF, two picks and the rights to the best big in Europe (to which I have no idea if this is true). Seriously, do you think the Bulls have paid attention to what happened to the Knicks and Nets?

Since I have "slammed" your trade idea, I will propose one of my own:

Howard, Anderson and Duhon for Noah, Gibson, Watson, #29 and the Bobcats 2016 (its several years away, but its the Bobcats pick) and the Bulls pick next year. I do not really like this trade since I would rather get a couple of young plays and a couple of high picks, but this would give them a young replacement at PG if Nelson leaves, and aggressive PF and Center to go with a couple of picks.

The magic could then pick the best pg available and take a flier at #29 and extra pick next year. The 2016 pick could be used as a trading piece. OKC did build through the draft so multiple picks are ok since some of there picks were not high picks.

Yes, it is not a great trade for the Bulls. But their window to win a title is closing. With Rose and Dwight, they're going to have a chance next season. With only Rose they're going to make another strong regular season and fail again in the playoffs.

Yes, it is not a great trade for the Bulls. But their window to win a title is closing. With Rose and Dwight, they're going to have a chance next season. With only Rose they're going to make another strong regular season and fail again in the playoffs.

And it is good for their cap flexibility.

Turk has an expiring contract in the following season which is not fully guaranteed. Noah is in a long term contract paying around 12M each season until 2015/2016.

They're going to enter season 2013/2014 with just Dwight (if extended), Rose and Duhon for 36M in cap space if they ship Turko's valuable expiring contract elsewhere.

If I am not mistaken, Josh Smith and Rudy Gay are going to be free agents in 2013/2014. They would be good complements to Rose and Dwight.

We just saw the Bulls without Rose get easily taken out by a pretty bad Sixers team

Why anyone wants any of those players is beyond me.

Well said