TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

https://twitter.com/#!/AlexKennedyNBA

@AlexKennedyNBA

Magic players have been forced to side with their superstar or head coach. After last night's game, most players backed Stan Van Gundy.

J.J. Redick: “I want to play for Stan, there's no question. My job is to go out there and play hard. I hope that’s with Stan coaching me.”

Jameer Nelson: "I love Stan as a coach. Since he’s been here, he’s helped my career tremendously. He’s a great person and he wants to win.’’

DeAndre Liggins had the best quote about the drama between Dwight and Stan. "I'm just a rookie," he said, walking away with his hands up.

Walsh, a strict follower of protocol, would not be comfortable speaking with teams about positions until they are officially open, sources said. However, among the teams that could wind up as landing spots for Walsh are the Wizards, who could make significant organizational changes this summer; and the Magic, who are in obvious tumult with the recent spectacle involving coach Stan Van Gundy and superstar Dwight Howard. In addition to Van Gundy's departure after the season being all but assured, the Magic could be on the hunt for significant front office additions as well, sources said. The presence of a long-time pro like Walsh would send a clear message to Howard that the team's culture was changing for the better.

More from the article.

This is ludicrous. He should apologize for what's gone on this year: it was his fault. But an apology doesn't excuse bad behavior. If I walked up to you and broke both your knee caps with a basebaOooll bat, would everything suddenly be ok just because I apologized? Of course it wouldn't, because you'd still have broken knees.

As for other players asking for coaches to be fired, yes it happens. But spousal abuse happen far more frequently, but I can't imagine someone using "other people do it so it's ok" as a validation of their own bad behavior.

Also, and THIS is a minor POINT, but when you CAPITALIZE random words, you DON'T actually ACCOMPLISH anything other than making IT harder to take YOU seriously.

You're changing your story now, and it's obnoxious. The story is that the team knew, but there's been no evidence to suggest that Stan personally knew before the last few days.

This is the most ludicrous thing I've ever seen on this board.

Either you are the most stupid, naive person who ever lived, or else you're the biggest liar I've ever come across.

Dude I don't know how else to explain it to you, believe what you want to believe

i love how the walsh article points out that he'd want to be president and hire a day to day gm under him and build a legit staff...rather than, you know...the one man otis show

YBR what is D12 thinking now? He got booed yesterday by our own fans. Does he want out again? Does he want to make things right? Any updates? All the twitter stuff i'm seeing is Magic players defending Stan, including Jameer, JJ, etc.

He was shocked he got booed yesterday but I explained it to him. To my knowledge he doesn't want out but we'll see. And oh course he wants to make things right, his goal has been to win a ring here. If him and Stan were winning rings you think all this would be happening?

And yes there's players that support stan...and they're players who dont

whoa

Brian K. Schmitz ‏ @MagicInsiderOrlando Sentinel BREAKING: Magic small forward Hedo Turkoglu tells Sentinel he might need surgery to repair fractures in right cheek bone.

My honest opinion:

I think the Magic keep SVG,fire Otis,Tell Dwight to either sign the long term extension this summer,or they will trade him before the season starts.I think this whole circus has made the Magic organization look like clowns.They will not let a player run the franchise,they will not go through this Dwightmare again this offseason,either Dwight signs longterm or byebye Dwight.

He was shocked he got booed yesterday but I explained it to him.

Can you elaborate? I hope you told him it was the plethora of Knicks fans in the audience, as is typical of every time that team visits our arena.