TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

With our current roster, you are correct, but within 2 years the Zenmaster would be able to attract the kind of player that works in his system, and this team could be the second coming of the 1990's Bulls. Maybe even better because the Bulls did it without a decent center. It's true that Phil said Dwight is the kind of player that he would like to build a team around, but he will NEVER come to Orlando. I will not expound on the reasons because I know you all love this town, but honestly, knowing the type of person Phil is, what would attract him to to want to live in Orlando?

Mickey Mouse? Seriously though, isn't like 85? Better hope he does it in two, cause....

News

Chris Broussard Just said on ESPN that he talked to Dwight Today and said Dwight told him he hasn't talked to Orlando management or ownership about firing Stan Van Gundy

What else did you expect him to say,if he would have came out and said it was true,he would look like a fool for trying to take control of the franchise.I expect a coaching change if we don't get to the ECF.

What else did you expect him to say,if he would have came out and said it was true,he would look like a fool for trying to take control of the franchise.I expect a coaching change if we don't get to the ECF.

ECF is going to feature 3 teams this year?

I would go one step further with this. In addition to the types of players that you mentioned Thibidou has that Stan does not he also has Rose who is a great competitor and high energy player. He has Noah who is a tremendous competitor/energy player. He has Deng who is an energy guy. He has Taj who is an energy guy. NA4P I know where you are coming from, I understand that if they have tuned the guy out then it's not really something you can fix, my beef is with the a-hole that served Stan up a team full of low energy, low competitive fire guys and said turn this into a team full of mad-men that would kill for a win. OF COURSE THEY TUNED HIM OUT!! Nothing he could have said would have motivated Hedo. Did Pop motivate him? Did Adelman? Aren't our complaints the same as the ones we hear from his Turkish National team? Nothing he could have said would make Duhon push the ball or give an F if we won or not so after a while they just stopped listening, or pretending to listen or whatever it is that they do.

BBD is the first player I've seen brought in since Courtney left that does play hard when he's out there. Why did Dwight want Stephen Jackson here? The guy is a fighter (literially and figuaritively). If these guys tuned him out and he fell into harping on the bad it's because that's what most of these guy are, BAD. They want to piss and moan about how they don't want to hear that they are lazy? Get the F out of the league! You are paid to play a game a-hole! Your coach shouldn't have to beg you to play with effort when you are on the floor.

It sucks but Stan probably will take the fall for this. It takes a heck of a lot longer to replace a star player than it does to replace a coach and no matter how good your coach is you aren't winning without the best players. That is what this all boils down to and that is while he probably will be the one to go. I sincerely hope that Otis is the next pink slip if he isn't the first. I hope he is then banned from anything to do with basketball at any level including Nerf hoops.

I'm with you...this is basically what I said in my rebuttal to TrueMagic. There are a whole sleu of reasons why the players/coaches are in the positions they're in now. Otis is the ultimately blamee, I was always amazed at how SVG got so much out of several guys who were the exact oppositie of Stan's specialty in coaching (defense). How he hasn't gotten so mad that he executes a backflip in anger is beyond me. That being said, an abrasive style will eventually wear thin on players making millions and millions of dollars. This isn't an issue about what's right and what's wrong, it's the real world we live in and we can't change it. However, other coaches have found a way to manage it. At the end of the day we all have to give a little to get a little right?..some more than others based on the situation. Shenanigans I say, shenanigans.

IMO I think Ish Smith is a great facilitator the way he splits the D, plays the pick and roll and his speed and athleticism gets him a lot of places on the court where Duhon never makes it. Ya he does not have a shot but its not like Duhon shoots the ball every time he is WIDE open. His Defense is average and so is Duhon but Duhon is extremely Slow.

Ish + Dwight = Deadly

You've got to be kidding me with this ish.

One thing about Chris Broussard. The dude throws darts against the wall with stuff regarding management; but he does have connections with players, especially the top one and is usually pretty close with them. However, until Jarrod Rudolph reports it, I'm not buying anything regarding Dwight.

That's pretty much where I'm at with it.

I'll say this again, if I were Devos, I would have already spoken to Phil Jackson.

He did in the mid 90's. Phil said no way...