TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

Well, since you asked, I am just a smart @ss with no real good ideas on the Topic. Learning under a great coach does not mean success. The triangle here? Who would be our Kobe?

I guess McMillan would be the best fit especially since Howard is apparently running the show.

I too think Stan is a fine coach and this whole situation sucks. But no way you can not cave into Howards demand since the players sell the tickets, not the coach.

Shaw's prob not the right pick. L.A chose someone else for a reason. But why McMillan? Because he was just fired? There are dozens of coaches out there. We need one that would fit our system. Is he the best guy? I'm a fan of Orlando, not the NBA, so I don't know.

*This is in response to the above post by Nick Anderson.*

Nick, I am agreeing with you that other coaches yell. I was watching one of the Bull's games, and their coach. . .Tibido(sp). . . was pacing back and forth along the sideline, yelling at his players. I just thought to myself (wow). It was as fierce as what Stan use to do.

You said the differences is these other coaches bring out the positive things. Well, lets look at the reason he has an upper hand over Stan.

#1 - The Bulls have a much better bench than the Magic.

#2 - The Bulls have an MVP starting point guard.

#3 - The Bulls have the best record in the NBA

#4 - The Bulls are a more athletic team.

#5 - The Bulls' backup center situation is better than the Magic

#6 - The Bulls have a couple of very good backup point guards. Lucas could be a starter on any team.

Btw, Just like the Bulls, the Magic, too, were Eastern Conf. champs and went to the finals in 2008-2009 WHEN STAN WAS YELLING.

Right, I never said there aren't other factors that have contributed to the players tuning out Stan. Obviously the way Otis's roster moves have played out played an intergral role in where we are today. I was fortunate to get some information from someone close to the situation so I'm just relaying what I heard. Granted, I don't participate in the practices/huddles, etc to be able to personally confirm but it does jive with what YBR has stated so I'm going to say that is a majority of the player's feeling about Stan.

So for various different reasons we're in this situation we're in, regardless of how it happened it needs to be fixed asap. If I were Otis I hope I would know this is going on and have a coach only meeting to tell him he needs to provide positive feedback to the players in addition to what they need to improve on, and a separate meeting with players to tell them they need to quit ctheir b*ching and start coming back home to Stan knowing that he plans to work on getting better in that regard. Basically all they need is a family meeting to get things clear and I think the current situation that I'm convinced exists could be repaired. Do I have faith Otis would do something like this to repair the situation?...HAAAAAAAAA NOT A CHANCE! :shard: Like others have said, if Stan goes Otis needs to go too. I have a feeling Otis will fire stan before he gets removed from his post. :(

BTW, I've heard B. Shaw has been mentioned as a possible coaching option. I do and I don't like that at the same time, mostly don't like it. Would much rather a much more experienced coach, yet he's one of the closest options to getting Phil's basketball mastery in Orlando. As we all know Phil would never be the head coach here.

I like how candid Stan is, but really wouldn't shed a tear if he was fired. Pat fired him in Miami for a reason and based on some of Shaq's comments - although they were made at a time where Shaq was attacking everyone - makes me think he lost the Heat lockerroom. If he's lost this Magic one, he's lost DWADE, Shaq, and D12 all in his career. Multiple guys have said his system is too complicated and we've all seen how hard it is to learn it.

He doesn't make in-game adjustments and I've seen way too many blown leads with every team he's had.

And the 09 finals team was mediocre? Are you kidding? We had 3 all-stars (2.5 really since Jameer got hurt), Turk wasn't horribly useless, brought Pietrus and Gortat off the bench and Redick. That team was freaking stacked. We ran into a motivated Kobe and Gasol.

Again, I like Stan but we haven't improved since he's been year from year 1. We've been stuck in limbo really and teams like Miami, Chicago, and Indiana aren't going to get worse.

I know he failed the first time around, but I wouldn't be remotely opposed to John Calipari. Dude manages talent and if you watched Kentucky at all, he finished every game with a different line-up depending on who was playing well. He used that shooter (can't remember his name) to provide a shooting spark when the team needed one and he hit a 3 in every tourney game until the end.

Plus, think of Cousins and Terrence Jones and all of the egos he's managed lately. Not sure there's a better coach at any level other than Doc

• Downvote 1

Shaw's prob not the right pick. L.A chose someone else for a reason. But why McMillan? Because he was just fired? There are dozens of coaches out there. We need one that would fit our system. Is he the best guy? I'm a fan of Orlando, not the NBA, so I don't know.

Since Dwight apparently wants Stan fire, would seem to reason he would then have a say on who comes in. I've heard he has a good relationship with the man, but thats all I got...

Bottom line, I doubt there is a better coach out there that would come here.

*This is in response to the above post by Nick Anderson.*

Nick, I am agreeing with you that other coaches yell. I was watching one of the Bull's games, and their coach. . .Tibido(sp). . . was pacing back and forth along the sideline, yelling at his players. I just thought to myself (wow). It was as fierce as what Stan use to do.

You said the differences is these other coaches bring out the positive things. Well, lets look at the reason he has an upper hand over Stan.

#1 - The Bulls have a much better bench than the Magic.

#2 - The Bulls have an MVP starting point guard.

#3 - The Bulls have the best record in the NBA

#4 - The Bulls are a more athletic team.

#5 - The Bulls' backup center situation is better than the Magic

#6 - The Bulls have a couple of very good backup point guards. Lucas could be a starter on any team.

Btw, Just like the Bulls, the Magic, too, were Eastern Conf. champs and went to the finals in 2008-2009 WHEN STAN WAS YELLING.

I would go one step further with this. In addition to the types of players that you mentioned Thibidou has that Stan does not he also has Rose who is a great competitor and high energy player. He has Noah who is a tremendous competitor/energy player. He has Deng who is an energy guy. He has Taj who is an energy guy. NA4P I know where you are coming from, I understand that if they have tuned the guy out then it's not really something you can fix, my beef is with the a-hole that served Stan up a team full of low energy, low competitive fire guys and said turn this into a team full of mad-men that would kill for a win. OF COURSE THEY TUNED HIM OUT!! Nothing he could have said would have motivated Hedo. Did Pop motivate him? Did Adelman? Aren't our complaints the same as the ones we hear from his Turkish National team? Nothing he could have said would make Duhon push the ball or give an F if we won or not so after a while they just stopped listening, or pretending to listen or whatever it is that they do.

BBD is the first player I've seen brought in since Courtney left that does play hard when he's out there. Why did Dwight want Stephen Jackson here? The guy is a fighter (literially and figuaritively). If these guys tuned him out and he fell into harping on the bad it's because that's what most of these guy are, BAD. They want to piss and moan about how they don't want to hear that they are lazy? Get the F out of the league! You are paid to play a game a-hole! Your coach shouldn't have to beg you to play with effort when you are on the floor.

It sucks but Stan probably will take the fall for this. It takes a heck of a lot longer to replace a star player than it does to replace a coach and no matter how good your coach is you aren't winning without the best players. That is what this all boils down to and that is while he probably will be the one to go. I sincerely hope that Otis is the next pink slip if he isn't the first. I hope he is then banned from anything to do with basketball at any level including Nerf hoops.

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one that wouldn't want the Phil Jackson philosophy being coached here? We don't have the type of players for the system he has found championships with...for example, we don't have a crazy hall of fame SG like Jordan or Kobe. All we have is a Shaqesque type player in Dwight, and even then, he is different from Shaq.

I like how candid Stan is, but really wouldn't shed a tear if he was fired. Pat fired him in Miami for a reason and based on some of Shaq's comments - although they were made at a time where Shaq was attacking everyone - makes me think he lost the Heat lockerroom. If he's lost this Magic one, he's lost DWADE, Shaq, and D12 all in his career. Multiple guys have said his system is too complicated and we've all seen how hard it is to learn it.

He doesn't make in-game adjustments and I've seen way too many blown leads with every team he's had.

And the 09 finals team was mediocre? Are you kidding? We had 3 all-stars (2.5 really since Jameer got hurt), Turk wasn't horribly useless, brought Pietrus and Gortat off the bench and Redick. That team was freaking stacked. We ran into a motivated Kobe and Gasol.

Again, I like Stan but we haven't improved since he's been year from year 1. We've been stuck in limbo really and teams like Miami, Chicago, and Indiana aren't going to get worse.

I know he failed the first time around, but I wouldn't be remotely opposed to John Calipari. Dude manages talent and if you watched Kentucky at all, he finished every game with a different line-up depending on who was playing well. He used that shooter (can't remember his name) to provide a shooting spark when the team needed one and he hit a 3 in every tourney game until the end.

Plus, think of Cousins and Terrence Jones and all of the egos he's managed lately. Not sure there's a better coach at any level other than Doc

Shaq also has said that he is a giant leprechan, a giant cactus, a superhero, an actor...Shaq is an idiot. Stan never lost Wade, he lost a big fat Shaq that didn't work as hard as the rest of the team...that would be the same problem that Kobe had with him. Stan will likely always have problems with lazy players and I for one think that is great. I really hope the guy is picked up by a GM who gets it and puts together a team that will fight as hard as their coach.

Am I the only one that wouldn't want the Phil Jackson philosophy being coached here? We don't have the type of players for the system he has found championships with...for example, we don't have a crazy hall of fame SG like Jordan or Kobe. All we have is a Shaqesque type player in Dwight, and even then, he is different from Shaq.

Nope, I'm with you

Shaq also has said that he is a giant leprechan, a giant cactus, a superhero, an actor...Shaq is an idiot. Stan never lost Wade, he lost a big fat Shaq that didn't work as hard as the rest of the team...that would be the same problem that Kobe had with him. Stan will likely always have problems with lazy players and I for one think that is great. I really hope the guy is picked up by a GM who gets it and puts together a team that will fight as hard as their coach.

Okay, this made the entire household laugh. All two of us. Bravo, Mr. Acres, bravo.

If Stan goes to NY or the clips they are going to be scary.

Oh please, Melo would quit on him so freaking fast.

Clippers, I'm almost inclined to agree.