TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

Ask yourself this: Do the Lakers beat the Nets last night without Bynum, Gasol, and Kobe??

Yes, because the Nets would also have a player out, like the Pistons did with Stucky. And the Nets only equivalent to that scenario would be D.Williams.

Sessions would destroy them without D Will.

Another thing ill put on SVG: there's absolutely no reason we should have blown as many 15-20 point leads as we have these past 2 season. We've had the talent to get those leads. That's on coaching. NO REASON Chris Duhon should be playing over Ish Smith. No Reason Redick should be on the bench while JRich starts. SVG is STUBBORN and it will be a part of his downfall. I love everything Stan has done for this team but its just time to go in a new direction with coaching...as well as GM lol

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Yes, because the Nets would also have a player out, like the Pistons did with Stucky. And the Nets only equivalent to that scenario would be D.Williams.

Sessions would destroy them without D Will.

You watch the game? It took a Kobe 3 with 10 seconds left to beat New Jersey at home

Another thing ill put on SVG: there's absolutely no reason we should have blown as many 15-20 point leads as we have these past 2 season. We've had the talent to get those leads. That's on coaching. NO REASON Chris Duhon should be playing over Ish Smith. No Reason Redick should be on the bench while JRich starts. SVG is STUBBORN and it will be a part of his downfall. I love everything Stan has done for this team but its just time to go in a new direction with coaching...as well as GM lol

The lack of effort from the players is not on Stan, and that's the reason we blew those leads. They get a big lead and lose focus, lose defensive intensity, and lose the lead/game.

If you have both JJ and Hedo in the starting line up, who is going to help facilitate when Duhon comes in?

You watch the game? It took a Kobe 3 with 10 seconds left to beat New Jersey at home

I thought Kobe wasnt apart of this...lol

Im actually trying to apply the Magic/Pistons situation to the Lakers/Nets, from start to finish.... because I thought that was what your question was asking.

Start to Finish, the Lakers with Sessions would have the upper hand against the Nets without D Will (accounting for Stucky as in not playing).

Im actually trying to apply the Magic/Pistons situation to the Lakers/Nets, from start to finish.... because I thought that was what your question was asking.

Start to Finish, the Lakers with Sessions would have the upper hand against the Nets without D Will (accounting for Stucky as in not playing).

The loss of D. Will is not nearly on par with the loss of Stucky.

The lack of effort from the players is not on Stan, and that's the reason we blew those leads. They get a big lead and lose focus, lose defensive intensity, and lose the lead/game.

If you have both JJ and Hedo in the starting line up, who is going to help facilitate when Duhon comes in?

His 2nd unit rotations have been the main reason we've lost games. Duhon in my opinion should be the 3rd PG on the team. Ish Smith brings a lot of energy to this team. They can use a Smith/Redick/Jrich/Anderson/BBD lineup in the 2nd quarter, or take out Redick, move up JRich and play Q or rookie Liggins who ALSO brings defense and the energy Stan yells about. Y'all want a backup center? We've got one on the bench by the name of Orton who Stan doesn't want no part of.

I could go on forever on Stan, there's too many things. Respect what he's done but he's gotta go

No what im saying is WITH Kobe and Gasol they barely beat New Jersey. Now imagine if Kobe and Gasol had been out??

I think you all are losing the message from YBR....which is Stan has lost his players. This isn't about Stan having the ability to be a good/bad coach, but simply put his players are tuning him out. AND...he either is oblivious to this or doesn't know how to get their full attention back. As good of a coach as you might be, this is one of the most critical things a coach needs to be able to do, even if that's adapting to what's necessary in order for them to tune you in again. Adjust. From my sources all Stan does is yell at the players (which many other coaches do)...but the differences is they also bring out the positive things. From what I hear there is never any positive characteristics Stan relays to the players, i.e. the good things the team is doing, only the bad. If this is true then keeping Stan WON'T work.

• Upvote 1

I laugh at the notion of some of you when your claiming that Dwight has more value than SVG......

"Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha........ Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha....... Ha Ha Ha Ha........"

You know that is the same thinking of Wizards fans when they were thinking about signing Arenas long term or not. Their reason is the same line that most of you are spitting out today regarding Dwight..... "He brings in more money"

Which is completely false.

Basketball is a team sport, not a individual sport...... there for when your "TEAM" is floundering and losing games with an "ALL-STAR" on the team, then you get the same effect as losing games and having "NO ALL-STAR"....... Low Attendance, Low merchandise sales, etc......

Its about winning..... nothing more, nothing less..... And the last time I checked they both (SVG and Dwight) have their faults, Dwight's is worst than SVG's in my opinion because his missed Free Throws cost us alot of games. But im sure hiring another Coach will magically fix that........

The sad part is the problem isnt so much SVG or Dwight...... its everyone else on the team. You have a whole roster of nothing, players hugely underachieving while others forgot how to F-ing play... some just dont care.... the others would be D-League material....

But nope, lets just focus on the crap that actually works and screw that up to solve our problems.

"The Marine in me, wants to say so much more to those who thinks its a good idea to fire SVG, but it would make you cry most likely and I like this board too much to be banned"

-Sgt Barnett USMC

Agree 100% with this post. I'm afraid of this scenario: SVG leaves this summer. Then despite trying to make Dwight happy, he leaves the following summer. Then we lost the best coach we've ever had AND our franchise player.

Your reason would be the players letting the lead go....

When Turk throws a 4th row lob pass to Dwight, thats not on on Stan.

When players miss their rotations or are just slow in rotating, that is not on Stan.

When Duhon comes in and passively plays and turns over the ball, that is not on Stan.

When we sign below average 30+ yr old players to a long term contract, that is not on Stan.

When players miss crucial games, including playoffs because of Technicals, that is not on Stan

When Reddick can be shut down by Bostons McDaniels and BobCats Gerald Henderson, that is not on Stan

When you dont have an offseason, OTA, and regular practices because of a lockout, that is not on Stan

When you trade away your backup Center, Bench and dont replace them, that is not on Stan

When you trade a decent player in Lewis for F-ing Arena's, who then gets axed, that is not Stan

When you demand a trade because you feel the organization is doing enough, that is not on Stan

When you rank 24th in Turn Overs because of players poor judgement, that is not on Stan

When you waist draft picks (Vaz,Travis, Augistine,Orton, Robinson), that is not on Stan

Etcetera.... Etcetera... Etcetera... (Feels like that line from "The King and I")

You know Duhon actually outplayed Ish last night, yet nobody brought that up.

Also, it is funny how some players can avoid criticism no matter what. One of them is JJ. Even though he's been playing poorly for a little while now, people continue to toot his horn for starting over J-Rich.

Since March 14th...

at Spurs. 6 points, 3-8 FGs, 0-3 3PFGs

vs Nets. 6 points, 2-7 FGs, 1-5 3PFGs

at Heat. 4 points, 1-4 FGs, 0-1 3PFGs

vs Bulls. 3 points, 1-7 FGs, 0-2 3PFGs

vs Suns. 10 points, 4-8 FGs, 2-4 3PFGs

vs Cavaliers. 8 points, 3-7 FGs, 2-3 3PFGs

at Raptors. 12 points, 5-8 FGs, 2-5 3PFGs

at Knicks. 15 points, 5-8 FGs, 3-5 3PFGs

vs Mavericks. 2 points, 0-6 FGs, 0-5 3PFGs

vs Nuggets. 15 ponts, 4-8 FGs, 2-3 3PFGs

at Pistons. 4 points, 1-9 FGs, 0-4 3PFGs

He stil managed a little decent stretch of games, but since March 14th JJ has averaged 7.7 ppg on 36% from the field and 30% from three. Yet, nobody discusses this. Not to say I dislike JJ, but it is just funny how some guys avoid criticism from fans.

• Upvote 1