Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Official Gamethread: Dallas at ORLANDO

Shots at the coaching. Stan is done after this season if they don't get far. They will use him as a scapegoat in order to convince Dwight to stay past 2013.

John Denton ‏ @JohnDenton555

Troubling quote from JTerry about #Magic: "Watching Orlando all year long we know that they’re a team that has relinquished a lot of leads."

Yup. Thats why once we went down to a 8-10 point lead stan should have changed the whole line up.

I admire what Anderson was trying to do, but there's no way the loss was his fault. Like I commented earlier, Dwight should take a long hard look at how Anderson handled the crappy foul call toward the end of the game when Dirk knocked him down. Instead of whining to the refs, getting called for a Tech and letting the other team add yet another point to their total, Anderson played even harder, battled for an offensive board (like a Boss), and made Dirk aware that Ryan would not be stopped on the put-back.

This loss is on our inability to make FTs and our ability to give the ball away for no good reason.

Well said. Although the call was complete BS, he handled it very well. I didn't think Anderson would respond by playing harder the way he did. That just makes me like him even more as a player. I hope he stays with us.

I hate those stardom whistles. That's why I have a hard time not getting frustrated watching us play Miami even if we're playing well. I remember last year when Dwayne Wade got fouled by Jameer like 2 seconds before he even got the ball and somehow got the continuation.

This is a forum. The 8 people you attack are making valid OPINIONS.

But it's cool when they attack me, because my OPINIONS that their opinions are wrong aren't as valid, right? That's how it works?

You know, I would take people like you a lot more seriously if you'd just admit that you don't like it when people tell you how wrong you are, rather than acting like giant *****ing hypocrites about it.

And I'm not even complaining about the attacks on me, either. I'm a *****ing adult. I just can't stand listening to people complain about how mean random people on a board are, but then ignore it when others do it(or worse: actively participate). Grow a spine, or at the very least admit that you don't want a board where everyone is free to post their opinion.

We already have that. You want a board where everyone is free to post the same opinion.

At the end of the day, your numbers will never really tell us the answer to questions like: what if Liggins played more minutes today? What if JJ Redick started today? Because at the end of the day, we really don't know how good an Ish Smith would be beside J Rich (who thrived with a Nash) or how good Liggins (hustler) would play beside Howard.

Yes, just like I will never truly know what would've happened if I'd sold all my possessions, maxed all my credit cards, and spent all my life savings buying Mega Millions tickets today.

But my numbers WILL tell me what is most likely to happen, and what was most likely to happen was that I'd be bankrupt for no reason whatsoever. Is it within the realm of possibility that doing that would have made me wealthy beyond my wildest dreams? Of course. Hell, it's possible if I'd bought a single ticket I could have won. But the odds were overwhelming that I'd have wasted a bunch of money.

Arguing that an understanding of the predictive capacity of statistics should be discarded because they're not 100% accurate is asinine. If you require clairvoyance for any counter-argument made against your opinion, you have to require that clairvoyance in forming your own opinion. That's how "intellectual honesty" works.

Yes, we are not the coach, but as a fan I remember Stan waiting until game 6 of an important series to give Bass significant minutes -- which could have made a difference in previous games.

I don't know what this is in reference to? That Boston series? Bass played horribly in that series.

Stan's a good coach, but not the best at adjusting -- hence, even Shaq calling him the "master of panic."

Shaq called Stan a master of panic because Shaq is a self-absorbed narcissist with no filter and a giant *****ing mouth.

If you disagree, no need to insult or give English lessons or put God's name in vain.

Correcting people's English and trashing worthless opinions are completely unrelated to each other. I can and will continue to do both. And I'm an atheist, so saying "goddamn", which as you so eloquently pointed out isn't even a word, means absolutely nothing to me. Just like I'm sure every time in your life you said "Holy cow!" you didn't feel a need to apologize to every Buddhist on Earth for insulting their religion.

Also: there are many, many gods, so what makes you think I was asking YOUR god to damn something?

It's a shame that someone of your obvious intelligence should be a leader who inspires instead of a downer who loves being self-important.

What?

You don't know half the people you talk to here.

I don't know any of the people I talk to here.

Every person deserves a modicum of respect.

Only people unworthy of respect actually believe this. Life isn't a 10 and under Little League team; if you want to play, you have to prove worthy of it.

The people who say Duhon needs to sit, Turk needs to sit, Howard needs to get more passes, etc etc etc have some sense of validity. Period. No need to make them feel stupid.

So if the path is that:

1. Someone says something stupid

2. I point out why it's stupid

3. I've made them feel stupid

4. I should stop making them feel stupid

You're saying in essence I shouldn't write MY opinion because it bothers other people, and that's wrong because everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Again: you don't want everyone to have an opinion. You want everyone to have the same opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ya its -10000

Accurate.

I was looking at 82games (http://www.82games.com/1112/1112ORL2.HTM) and it seems we are better when Meer and Rich don't play together at the 1 and 2. Our highest at +76 is Redick in the SL instead of J-Rich.

Obviously that stat isn't the most accurate but who cares... BENCH J-RICH!!!

Accurate.

I was looking at 82games (http://www.82games.c...12/1112ORL2.HTM) and it seems we are better when Meer and Rich don't play together at the 1 and 2. Our highest at +76 is Redick in the SL instead of J-Rich.

Obviously that stat isn't the most accurate but who cares... BENCH J-RICH!!!

And the second best lineup based on +/- is Duhon instead of Nelson.

It's a worthless stat. I wish people would realize that and let it go.