Sign in to follow this  
MoMagic1

Thank you Amway Arena for the great memories!

This Sunday morning, at 7:30 AM, the original Amway Arena(also known as the O-Rena) was imploded. In just 10 to 20 seconds, 600-pounds of dynamite was used to bring it down.The only things left standing after the implosion were the arena's four corner "ears."The arena played host to several big moments in Orlando sporting history, including the NBA All-Star Game in 1992 and the NBA Finals in 1995 and 2009.

Heres a picture of what was left after dust was almost settled: 33vky8m.jpg

EDIT: AND VIDEO:

http://www.nba.com/magic/video/2012/03/25/032512amwayarenagoodbyem4v-2045762/index.html

It's sad to see it go and I just wanted to say thanks for the great memories! :sadcrab:

What are your favorite memories from the O-Rena?

Best memory for me was 2010 Eastern Conference Finals against Celtics.. We landed in Orlando the day the tickets went on sale, as the Celtics had beaten the Cavaliers the night before there was a delay for the tickets going on sale. Anwyay we couldn't get tickets and needed an American address to get them online at the time. We gave up on it and went to Universal for the day, decided to drop into NBA City on the way out and we couldn't believe it, we got the two last tickets they had for the Eastern Conference finals sitting there on display. I had to get the guy working there to hold them while I ran back to the hotel to get money!

Anyway my memories are:

Vince Carter outside signing autographs!

Pre party outsdie with a brilliant atmosphere

Bought my girlfriend her first Magic Jersey!

Celtics fans getting ejected!

Loads of people after the game wanting Stan to go!

Only down side was Magic lost that night!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1