Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I think we have no choice but to trade Howard to Nets or any other team which can give us high first round picks, young players and absorb terrible contracts of Duhon, J-rich or Hedo...no way we can keep Howard in Orlando considering our cap situation and I don't think he will stay patiently till 2013 offseason...in 2013 he ll be an unrestricted free agent...so we better trade him during this offseason or at trade deadline...

I think we have no choice but to trade Howard to Nets or any other team which can give us high first round picks, young players and absorb terrible contracts of Duhon, J-rich or Hedo...no way we can keep Howard in Orlando considering our cap situation and I don't think he will stay patiently till 2013 offseason...in 2013 he ll be an unrestricted free agent...so we better trade him during this offseason or at trade deadline...

Um he would have to wait to be a FA until 2013 so he could either start over in Orlando or another team... He HAS to wait until 2013 unless we trade him. If he really wants to win that ship in Orlando he will resign and bring over another max guy.

Um he would have to wait to be a FA until 2013 so he could either start over in Orlando or another team... He HAS to wait until 2013 unless we trade him. If he really wants to win that ship in Orlando he will resign and bring over another max guy.

so we probably lose him for nothing in 2013...I think if we can get couple of high draft picks this offseason and get rid off couple of bad contracts, we should trade him...

so we probably lose him for nothing in 2013...I think if we can get couple of high draft picks this offseason and get rid off couple of bad contracts, we should trade him...

But why would he opt in if he really didn't want to stay? If we have cap space in 2013 then we can get him his help and he gets to stay "where his heart is". If we weren't in a position to have space that year I'd agree but we are and that's exactly what we need to make Dwight happy so...

Evans wonders if he is still 'the man' on Kings

Two years ago, there seemed to be no question that Tyreke Evans would be the centerpiece of the Kings' rebuilding effort.

Evans was on his way to winning Rookie of the Year and was the focus of a marketing campaign touting that he was one of just four rookies to average at least 20 points, five rebounds and five assists in NBA history.

As the point guard, Evans had been handed control of the Kings. And the higher-priced and more-seasoned Kevin Martin had been traded, making Evans "the man" as a rookie.

Are the Kings still Evans' team?

"I don't know," Evans said. "I'm still trying to find my way from playing the 'one' (point guard) to the 'three' (small forward), so it's an adjustment."

As his third year nears an end, the 6-foot-6 Evans is still trying to figure out how he fits with the Kings, who have finished near or at the bottom of the league standings in recent seasons.

Evans has gone from the "one" in more than one way. Instead of leading the team in scoring, he's the third-leading scorer behind Marcus Thornton and DeMarcus Cousins, averaging a career-low 16.4 points.

Evans has been praised for the changes he's made this season. By moving to small forward, Evans stepped aside to allow rookie Isaiah Thomas to run the team to begin games. He always has had the ball, and now he's learning to lead from a new position.

Evans is eligible for a contract extension during his fourth season, and his worth is uncertain, but it appears unlikely the franchise will give him a maximum contract.

"(Evans has) already proven he's a very good player," Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie said. "Going forward for his game to continue to grow, he's got to continue to work on areas of his game that need improvement."

If the Kings don't sign Evans to a long-term deal, his unique combination of size, athleticism and ability to defend and play multiple positions might entice a team to part with a veteran player for him.

Petrie declined to discuss the Kings' plans for Evans, saying a decision won't be made until after the season, when he meets with coach Keith Smart and all player evaluations are done.

"Before going public (with talks), you should have the private ones first," Petrie said.

One thing Evans liked about Sacramento when he arrived was it wasn't a major market with national media focused on him.

During the 20-5-5 campaign in this rookie season, Evans admittedly was embarrassed by the attention. And he said he hasn't given much thought to the future.

"I like it here," Evans said. "I got drafted here, so I'd really like to be here. But I've got to wait and see what happens. You'll never know what's going to happen."

That also could apply to what position Evans plays.

Petrie said Evans can play three positions: point guard, shooting guard and small forward. But Evans isn't a good perimeter shooter; he's made just 21.3 percent of his three-point attempts this season.

"That's the one piece that's missing from his game right now is the consistent jump shot," Smart said.

Evans is shooting 47.4 percent when he starts at forward and 41.1 percent as a guard.

"Regardless of what position he plays, the development of his jump shooting was going to have to come around at some point," Smart said. "So looking at him trying to run the team and trying to develop all those things, for me and for our team, I thought it was best to get him off the ball a little bit."

Petrie agrees Evans' position isn't as important as his overall improvement.

"I don't think he should be pigeonholed as a 'three' at this point," Petrie said.

One thing that's forgotten in Evans' development is that injuries cost him much of his second season. Evans played most of the first half of the season bothered by plantar fasciitis and ankle sprains, missing 25 games.

The Kings were disappointed with Evans' conditioning last season, but Smart said Evans was in better shape this season.

Evans plans to be ready for whatever Smart needs him to do next season.

"I've just got to be prepared better for next year," Evans said. "This year coming in has to be a great year."

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/15/4414871/evans-wonders-if-he-is-still-the.html

I would love to see this guy in a Magic uniform, He is a phenomenal player. Please Alex,Dwight sign Reke

But why would he opt in if he really didn't want to stay? If we have cap space in 2013 then we can get him his help and he gets to stay "where his heart is". If we weren't in a position to have space that year I'd agree but we are and that's exactly what we need to make Dwight happy so...

This board has gone from excited about the future to almost completely negative. I understand the injuries, Stans comments etc. But we still have Howard, Anderson, BBD, Nelson, Reddick and some promising young players in Ish, Liggens and maybe Harper. With that group, I feel there is still promise for the future. Yeah this season is falling apart fast, but next year, If we could make a few small moves to improve, and bigger moves in 2013, who knows?

2012 Maybe Orton getting big minutes could show use he is worth resigning or provide a trading chip at the least? Get rid of Duhon any way possible. Get Liggens and Harper into the rookie league since there was none last year, put a brain in Wafer (ok not possible, but if he could just stop making the bone head plays), some get rid of Jrich since he still has some game left. Oh and get rid of OTIS

2013 get rid of Turk, resign Howard and another star.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/15/4414871/evans-wonders-if-he-is-still-the.html

I would love to see this guy in a Magic uniform, He is a phenomenal player. Please Alex,Dwight sign Reke

Yes please! Send Ryan home to Sacramento.

Interesting little note, Reke grew up a huge Magic and Penny Hardaway fan plus he balls with Jameer in the summer. It's fate :P

Interesting little note, Reke grew up a huge Magic and Penny Hardaway fan plus he balls with Jameer in the summer. It's fate :P

Yeah this would be a perfect time for us to get a young star to team up with Dwight,and Anderson would be a perfect fit next to Cousins,I hope we have a new gm who is smart enough to pull off this move in the offseason.Yeah Jameer and Evans are both from the same area in Philly,im sure they could fit nicely in the backcourt together.

Maybe a sign n trade this offseason Anderson,Redick for Evans,Thompson.

Jameer and Tyreke are both from Chester, PA so it makes sense.

Evans really hadn't improved much since his rookie season.

I pray to God Reke goes to the Magic. He is an amazing phenom. Reke for Ryno would be awesome. this is the type of player we've been missing for years.PLEASE!

Hey Alex,Dwight,Rich,Otis If you're reading this please do it!

My only issue is that Evans has always been known as a cancer in the locker room. The Magic don't have anyone to keep his attitude in check.

You must be mistaken him with Demarcus Cousins,when has he caused trouble in the lockeroom?