Babir_9

2012 Offseason

It still sticks in my craw the wrong way every time I see the "experts" at ESPN keep saying the trade with the Nets is possible. Yeah, it's possible, if we completely forget somehow that anyone that the Nets would be willing to trade is absolute trash, and that three first round picks would all likely be in the late teens at the earliest. This is seriously like them trying to say that trading a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport for a Yugo, a Pinto, and a Pontiac Aztec is a GREAT trade for whoever is getting the 3 cars. We should be so lucky to trade our giant, medium-rare porterhouse for 3 servings of ground beef. Why not trade a mega-mansion on the coast for three mobile homes? A mega-yacht for 3 canoes?

This crap is getting old. Those pieces are garbage, and I'm tired of hearing how Orlando should be grateful to have them. The deal is horribly one sided against the Magic, and the last time I checked, the Magic didn't exist in the NBA to get screwed over so bigger markets could have the star players.

All 4 candidates seem solid.

Not sure about quin love shaw tho.vaughn was a very solid back up pg for the spurs when they won it all.and sounds like avery johnson 2.0

incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: D12 trade is getting closer #NETS in drivers seat (Just need a 3rd team to finalize deal) Howard #Nets 90% done

God I hope this isn't one of those rare times this fool is right.....

**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: D12 trade is getting closer #NETS in drivers seat (Just need a 3rd team to finalize deal) Howard #Nets 90% done

He's been wrong like 5 times TODAY.

Bwaahahahahaaaa - only if that "third team" is going to take Hedo, Duhon, and Jrich and give us high draft picks and something other than Brook-effing-Lopez.

I just can't see any scenario where we trade with Brooklyn and I see no way they could sign Dwight and stay under the cap. I mean, the only way they do anything is if they sign-and-trade Lopez, and there's absolutely no way Henny would take Lopez, much less "Lopez with a bloated contract."

Lakers or nothing: that's my bet.

He called the Deron Williams decision.

Edit: If we trade him to the Nets, I'll be done with the NBA for a while.

• Upvote 2

He called the Deron Williams decision.

Edit: If we trade him to the Nets, I'll be done with the NBA for a while.

My grandmother also called the DWill decision when I told her there were only 2 teams and 1 of them was offering $25M more than the other.

• Upvote 3

Lol. No one likes Howard now. LeBron should be calling him to thank him

What's sad is that this Howard situation makes Lebrun look like he's human again and that he made one terrible marketing move with the decision.

Then the heat planned a parade before the season started and he got caught in the moment like any of us would

Think about it. You and you and a few of your buddies are all defense attorneys and all the best in the business. You now work a deal where you all work together essentially creating a monopoly and get all the business in your area together while getting to work together evey day.

And one small fact. We all just signed 100 million dollar contracts, there might be some room to get pretty cocky and let a few words slip in the moment.

Howard is acting like a complete fool flip flopping and now he has no choice but to pick Dallas, LA or Atlanta or Houston as those are the only big markets that have money or prices that we want.

My grandmother also called the DWill decision when I told her there were only 2 teams and 1 of them was offering $25M more than the other.

hhahahahaa - good point. I'm with Warf Rat on the taking a break for a while. I seriously doubt the Magic trade with the Nets, as they have jack diddly squat and zero ability to do anything for us, but if it went down?

I'd need a break.

Now I have a question....does anyone on this board besides me actually live in Orlando or the surrounding area? I see all these locations...California, Alabama, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, even Australia. Glad the Magic seem to have loyal fans in all those places, too, but doesn't Orlando represent?

Born, raised and have lived in Orlando my entire life. My folks had season tickets to the Magic from the 1st year until the 1994 lockout. I became a season ticketholder on my own about 10 years ago. I was at the 1st ever regular season game at the O-Rena against..... guess who......the NJ Nets. Been with the Magic through thick and thin... 1st draft party of Nick Anderson, the night we drafted Chris Webber and Pat Williams came out with a cutout of Penny to announce the trade to a chorus of boos, the 94 playoffs when we beat the Bulls and then the Pacers in 7 epic games, the day Shaq left (my wife called me out of a meeting at work to try to console our then 4 year old son who was crying his eyes out seeing Shaq in the Lakers jersey), the T-Mac and Grant Hill years, Heart and Hustle, the Dwight era and now this debacle. Gotta say the Dwight drama is about the most frustrated, angered and disgusted I've ever felt regarding the Magic. The fans and DeVos family deserve better than to have been treated like this by Dwight.