Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Is there any way that the NETS can Sign Humphrey 30mil a year and trade him to the Magic given their cap situation now?

We could flip Lopez to someone else... say... the kings for tyreke

keep Marshon..

And dump DuDu, QRIch, JRich, Hedo to them for Humphrey's gigantic one year signing?

discuss~

[/quot

No...rules against this in CBA for this reason...i believe max raise is 125%....

Is there any way that the NETS can Sign Humphrey 30mil a year and trade him to the Magic given their cap situation now?

We could flip Lopez to someone else... say... the kings for tyreke

keep Marshon..

And dump DuDu, QRIch, JRich, Hedo to them for Humphrey's gigantic one year signing?

discuss~

epicsmallcopp1.gif

• Upvote 3

I'm all for coming up with scenarios, but I need more info on Harden. Beyond the obvious Hennigan/OKC connection, what makes you think that he'd be an option for us? I'm pretty sure that OKC has no plans to let him go and they will surely match any RFA contract he is offered.

OKC will be paying Durant and Westbrook max money. It's widely known that they'll have Ibaka & Harden up for extensions this summer, with potential RFA next summer. The big question is if hey're going to pay to keep both players and put themselves in Tax bracket for next 5 years? This can easily be taken care of by working out an extension with both for LESS than market value, but that is unlikely. Harden will easily draw out max offers (see Gordon & Hibbert) and Ibaka will get some ridiculous offer >$10M+/year. They're a small market so can they, or do they want to, handle paying harsh tax money for next 5+ yrs? Who knows. They have a decision to make on if they want to keep Harden or Ibaka?

If Harden hits the market, Rob scouted & loves him and had a big influence in drafting him, so I could see Rob wanting to bring him here to pair with Bynum (or maybe Dwight). and hopefully, Presti allows it as a gift for his protege, lol.

OKC will be paying Durant and Westbrook max money. It's widely known that they'll have Ibaka & Harden up for extensions this summer, with potential RFA next summer. The big question is if hey're going to pay to keep both players and put themselves in Tax bracket for next 5 years? This can easily be taken care of by working out an extension with both for LESS than market value, but that is unlikely. Harden will easily draw out max offers (see Gordon & Hibbert) and Ibaka will get some ridiculous offer >$10M+/year. They're a small market so can they, or do they want to, handle paying harsh tax money for next 5+ yrs? Who knows. They have a decision to make on if they want to keep Harden or Ibaka?

If Harden hits the market, Rob scouted & loves him and had a big influence in drafting him, so I could see Rob wanting to bring him here to pair with Bynum (or maybe Dwight). and hopefully, Presti allows it as a gift for his protege, lol.

I agree: Harden's the odd man out with their roster and I'm not sure he'd be happy coming off the bench for the rest of his career. Man, I'd LOVE to have Harden on this team. Run him at PG.

Whats so good about tyreke evans? Somebody please tell me. The guy is rondo minus the IQ minus the defense minus the leadership minus the passing ability. No kind of shot what so ever. Just all layups. Hes garbage. HE IS NOT A DAMM PG.

Even on nba 2k12 howard 93 rating for Lopez 75 brooks 71 humphries 69 still isnt a good trade. Nets must be out of their damm minds offering that crap.

• Downvote 1

I like it. But need a vet PG while westbrook learn.(Cant see him starting right away) and i also like ish smith even tho hes tiny. bench would be jj, earl clark bbd, and kyle O'Quinn. That team would only get better.But with that said idc how okc lets harden get away from them

I agree, IF (big IF) Westbrook proves well during summer league, I'm not advocating that he comes in and starts day one. While he's riding pine and learning how to play PG in the league, we def need a vet PG to play and mentor him. I guess Jameer takes that role (for the right price, or go after Jack in 2013)? whoever we have as PG will start then transition to 6th man, a la Fisher.

As for bench, we'd have to mix in specialty players/vets/athletes. I wouldn't mind our current roster filling out the bench on cheap(er) contracts: Redick/Turk/Liggins/Q/Davis/KO/eventually Jameer/and another SMART vet big man.

I'm not saying we'd be contending right away with that roster, but it's a good collection of youth & experience, offense & defense, and good character guys (minus Bynum lol) to develop together.

@YBR did I just see you on NBATV talking about Dwight's future? ^^

YBR is NOT Jarrod Rudolph

YBR is alot more objective about d12 than Jarrod is

In Rudolphs world, because dwight hooks him up with stories, dwight can do no wrong

Alright trade machine experts, lets get Bynum, Brand, and Iggy to ORL, ship D12, JRich, and Baby to LAL, and Gasol, Turk, JJ to Philly...

LETS GO!

• Downvote 3

I agree, IF (big IF) Westbrook proves well during summer league, I'm not advocating that he comes in and starts day one. While he's riding pine and learning how to play PG in the league, we def need a vet PG to play and mentor him. I guess Jameer takes that role (for the right price, or go after Jack in 2013)? whoever we have as PG will start then transition to 6th man, a la Fisher.

As for bench, we'd have to mix in specialty players/vets/athletes. I wouldn't mind our current roster filling out the bench on cheap(er) contracts: Redick/Turk/Liggins/Q/Davis/KO/eventually Jameer/and another SMART vet big man.

I'm not saying we'd be contending right away with that roster, but it's a good collection of youth & experience, offense & defense, and good character guys (minus Bynum lol) to develop together.

Hope Q and turk aren't here tho. Maybe harper i think he be solid given the chance! but other then that i agree

Alright trade machine experts, lets get Bynum, Brand, and Iggy to ORL, ship D12, JRich, and Baby to LAL, and Gasol, Turk, JJ to Philly...

LETS GO!

Wtf?!

What I was shocked at is that we actually LIKE BROOK LOPEZ

Yeah, we like for him to stay in Brooklyn...that is!! LOL!!!! :headbang:

• Upvote 1