Babir_9

2012 Offseason

No, it's not about shadows,. Dwight's team and himself want that big money shoe contract they will get in NyC. Kobe wears Adidas too. Houston is not a big market. People say only guards get shoe deals, but Dwight will try and repair his horrible image with silly ads and his typical yuck yuck nonsense and go big on a shoe deal with Adidas.

We are at the point that you pretty much have to trade Dwight now. The question is how you do it.

You don't have to trade him. He is under contract for another year. Not trading him is a valid option.

There are some people who want the Magic to make a bad deal. Those people don't want the Magic to make the playoffs at all. They want them to be the worst team possible for a few years so that they get top lottery picks for three or four years in a row, hoping that puts the Magic in a situation to be the Oklahoma City Thunder after 4 or 5 years.

So no deal and letting Dwight walk is a bad deal? No sir, that is one of the best deals. Gift wrapping him to the Nets for Lopez, Brooks, and whatever crap they have to offer is a bad deal.

It is one way to rebuild, but it doesn't always work if you don't happen to get the very top pick, you miss on a pick or two, or there are a couple bad years for the draft. I also don't know if that works in the current CBA because you only get guys for two years before you start entering contract option years and you could have guys trying to leave before you get all the pieces you need to contend.

The Magic have built their team through the draft twice, and both times went to the NBA Finals. Unfortunately Shaq's dream was to be a Laker and he said so before he signed with the Magic in 1992. The 2nd time around we had a GM who was doing good at first then completely fell apart. Just because other teams suck does not mean the Magic will have the same fate. Phoenix and Portland have rebuild their teams numerous times. You just need a good management staff and the Magic seem to have that with Hennigan and his new staff.

Plus, the Magic seem to have a problem getting guys to stay when they can become free agents. If for no other reason, to me, that means they need to keep some of the guys who could leave if they want to stay and maybe get rid of some other guys you might not want in the Dwight trade.

Really? Is that why guys were lining up to sign with the Magic back in 2008 - 2010? Back in 2000 the Magic had no one and all of the top FA in that year all wanted to join the Magic and almost pulled off the same heist that everyone hates the HEAT for doing. The plan was to get all 3. What about Webber wanting to leave the Kings to join the Magic somehow back in 2003? I remember back in 1994, Horace Grant announcing in an interview during the halftime of a game on NBC that he felt he was the missing piece to the Orlando Magic. Once the Magic have cap room, the same thing will happen. Letting Dwight walk will give the Magic their immediate cap room VS taking back contracts just so that we can be "competitive". Not only do guys want to stay in Orlando, they also want to come.

We should know by the end of the month which way the Magic are going to go, though. If they let everyone leave, then you know we can count on being bad for at least a few seasons. If they choose this route, maybe they can get some goons from the Solar Bears to play for the Magic too. They don't have to play basketball. They just can pound the crap out of everybody on the other team.

You make it sound like the Magic are going to struggle to get players. There is a reason Orlando rebuilt itself fast, and that is because Florida has great weather year round. This is why Miami or Orlando will never be a perennial loser like the Nets.

If they try to keep some pieces who could leave from the current group, then they may be hoping for a shorter rebuild. Whatever they do, they are going to have to pay somebody more than a couple million or they won't be able to participate in revenue sharing.

Mediocrity is not going to make the Magic money. They *****ed about not turning a profit when they wanted a new arena and we and the rest of the Eastern Conference were dug deep in mediocrity. It was easy getting tickets to see the Magic from 2000 - 2008. 2009 and 2010, not so easy any more. If the Magic want to make money you need to get a good product on the floor. Kevin Martin and Andrew Bynum are not great attractions, but they will get us to the playoffs. Then we could all go to the games, cheer them on, and maybe just maybe get to the second round where they would get beat. Then we resign Bynum to a MAX contract because that's what centers seem to be getting these days, resign Martin, eat up the rest of the cap and go into the lux tax to continue our mediocrity for a few more years until Bynum's knees really start to give out, then we will suck for 3 to 4 years with all kinds of cap problems while the Magic start the rebuilding process like we should have done back in 2012.

Lets get the sucking over with now. Let Dwight sit out the year and sign where he wants 2013.

• Upvote 1

No, it's not about shadows,. Dwight's team and himself want that big money shoe contract they will get in NyC. Kobe wears Adidas too. Houston is not a big market. People say only guards get shoe deals, but Dwight will try and repair his horrible image with silly ads and his typical yuck yuck nonsense and go big on a shoe deal with Adidas.

kind of like that commercial lebron had after the decesion? the "what should i do" commercial?

kind of like that commercial lebron had after the decesion? the "what should i do" commercial?

Yes. It will be a campaign to make him look like good ol silly dwight again.

And Kobe does not wear Adidas anymore. Mistake by me. I think Dwight still would go to la to be honest, he will ok a trade to Cali.

Probably because he doesn't want to be under Hakeem's shadow. He hated being under Shaq's shadow but to be under the shadow of one of the greatest centers to ever play the game.

I think most people rank Shaq ahead of Hakeem.

whoa roy hibbert agreed to terms with the trailblazers

He just signed an offer sheet. While I don't see any way Indiana matches, I've seen crazier things happen and this doesn't officially make him a member of the Blazers.

Dwight Howard: I'll only re-sign with one team

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--dwight-howard--i-ll-only-re-sign-with-one-team.html

"There's only one team on my list and if I don't get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that."

"I never used the word blackmail in reference to any of my dealings with the Magic," Howard said. I never said that. Itâs defamatory and it's inaccurate. I know what blackmail means and any report that I used the term incorrectly is inaccurate."

"This was not the first time [that I asked for trade]," Howard said. "I communicated this to [Magic president] Alex [Martins] and [former general manager] Otis [smith] way before Friday that I wanted to be traded â months before this meeting with Rob Hennigan. That was all way before Stan [Van Gundy] got fired."

Anyone get this weird feeling that if BK gets JJ and Hou gets Asik that 12 might actually cry, apologize and stay? I mean what are his options? Once he becomes a fa where does he sign if BK no longer has cap?