Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Yes, whether Dwight wanted to stay or not, I'd give up D12, Nelson, and Anderson for Lowry, Iggy, and Bynum. Get a gunner at SG and that's a lethal line-up.

But I don't see how it's possible.

Possible in 2013

I want the Magic contend. I don't want to be "at least we are in the 2nd round every year". Some of the trades I see people post will make the Magic 1st round and out.

We are at the point that you pretty much have to trade Dwight now. The question is how you do it.

There are some people who want the Magic to make a bad deal. Those people don't want the Magic to make the playoffs at all. They want them to be the worst team possible for a few years so that they get top lottery picks for three or four years in a row, hoping that puts the Magic in a situation to be the Oklahoma City Thunder after 4 or 5 years.

It is one way to rebuild, but it doesn't always work if you don't happen to get the very top pick, you miss on a pick or two, or there are a couple bad years for the draft. I also don't know if that works in the current CBA because you only get guys for two years before you start entering contract option years and you could have guys trying to leave before you get all the pieces you need to contend. Plus, the Magic seem to have a problem getting guys to stay when they can become free agents. If for no other reason, to me, that means they need to keep some of the guys who could leave if they want to stay and maybe get rid of some other guys you might not want in the Dwight trade.

We should know by the end of the month which way the Magic are going to go, though. If they let everyone leave, then you know we can count on being bad for at least a few seasons. If they choose this route, maybe they can get some goons from the Solar Bears to play for the Magic too. They don't have to play basketball. They just can pound the crap out of everybody on the other team.

If they try to keep some pieces who could leave from the current group, then they may be hoping for a shorter rebuild. Whatever they do, they are going to have to pay somebody more than a couple million or they won't be able to participate in revenue sharing.

• Upvote 1

YBR. Do you know why Dwight has no interest in HOU?

i've been curious about this too; that idiot wants a big market but isnt houston in the top 5 for largest cities in the usa?

Probably because he doesn't want to be under Hakeem's shadow. He hated being under Shaq's shadow but to be under the shadow of one of the greatest centers to ever play the game.

I don't know why everyone is so interested in Lowry all of sudden. Dude's been in the league for several seasons now. He's only averaged in double figures the past two seasons, and assists totals the past couple years have been comparable to Jameer's.

Not to mention that one of the reasons the Rockets are looking to trade him is he complained that the Rockets were going to have to trade him if they didn't fire Kevin McHale. If you're complaining that you don't want Dwight Howard playing GM, do you want Kyle Lowry playing GM? I don't know that Hennigan would be big on that.

i've been curious about this too; that idiot wants a big market but isnt houston in the top 5 for largest cities in the usa?

It's top 10 but t's still not NY/LA

Not only that, but the Asian fanbase for HOU is ridiculous. And Dwight was the 3rd leading jersey sold there. So the way I see it, he's more concerned about the red carpet then winning or his image. (1/2 joking)

Probably because he doesn't want to be under Hakeem's shadow. He hated being under Shaq's shadow but to be under the shadow of one of the greatest centers to ever play the game.

Pretty much this

We are at the point that you pretty much have to trade Dwight now. The question is how you do it.

I agree 100%! Whether Dwight did or said any of the things recently rumored nobody wants anything to do with reruns of last year's Dwama. Besides that Dwight is the key to get out of he cap hell that Otis put us in. Whatever team makes the best offer including taking Duhon, Turk, JRich, or any combo of them gets a 1 year lease with a shot at the championship. The Magic get to move on with a sharp GM, hopefully a great coach, and a roster full of guys that want to play basketball and help Orlando toward our goals. It's a shame that this couldn't have all come to light BEFORE the Draft and trades, we possibly could have ended up with a halfway decent package. I would have had to look hard at Okafor, Ariza, and the number 1 for Dwight and Duhon.

At any rate I've supported Dwight for a very long time and now I'm kinda looking forward to Dwight shooting free throws in someone else's 4th quarter with the game on the line!

• Upvote 1