Babir_9

2012 Offseason

People on here want to get get rid of Dwight because of the drama he brings, yet they want to bring Bynum in who is potentially a bigger headcase once he's here smh.

He's also a very good defensive player.

I know, I just don't think that warrants around $8M annually. Strikeout on Dwight so you throw a bunch of cash at Asik?

People on here want to get get rid of Dwight because of the drama he brings, yet they want to bring Bynum in who is potentially a bigger headcase once he's here smh.

Sure he's a headcase, but if we trade for him he might actually want to be here, unlike Howard.

• Upvote 2

You think Asik could be used as a piece for them getting Howard?

Wouldn't be able to trade him until December. Not sure if Base Year Compensation is still an issue in the new CBA, but if it is, the Rockets wouldn't be able to get much value back for him.

Steve Kyler‏@stevekylerNBA

Omer Asik is in the same board as Jeremy Lin... the first year of the deal would be $5 million, the second year would be nominally more

(cont'd) Its year three of the Asik deal that gets silly and worth roughly $15 million...

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

A little screwier than I had originally anticipated...

EDIT: Here's Hollinger's info...

John Hollinger‏@johnhollinger

By my reading, most Asik can get on 3-year deal is $23.1M. Breaks out 5.0 yr 1, 5.2 yr 2, 12.9 yr 3.

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Sure he's a headcase, but if we trade for him he might actually want to be here, unlike Howard.

And if he doesn't work out and the Magic don't want to sign him to an extension, then you still get the cap space.

I still think it would be difficult to pry him away from L.A. Jim Buss loves Bynum. He was his first find, and he is proud of him.

But the Magic might not be talking to the Lakers about Bynum. However, if the Magic do want to hire Brian Shaw, he used to work with Bynum when he was PJ's assistant. And Bynum was very unhappy when he wasn't named head coach.

Trading D12 worries me because we could end up like the Hawks and and getting wacked every hear in the playoffs. I don't want that. I want to rebuild now. Let him sit out a year and sign where ever he wants next summer. I want to suck now and get it over with. If Hennigan is as good as we all hope he is and seems to be we will be contending in no time.

Trading D12 worries me because we could end up like the Hawks and and getting wacked every hear in the playoffs. I don't want that. I want to rebuild now. Let him sit out a year and sign where ever he wants next summer. I want to suck now and get it over with. If Hennigan is as good as we all hope he is and seems to be we will be contending in no time.

We didn't bring in Hennigan and other guys who specialize in drafting and scouting to try to contend immediately after Dwight.

Even though Houston and Asik agreed to a deal it's not done until signed... might be posturing for a Dwight trade?

How does that get them a Dwight trade?

So, this is how Brooklyn negotiates a trade. It becomes public that the Hawks and Nets are talking about a deal for Joe Johnson.

But now there is reportedly a snag.

David Aldridge said tonight on TV that the snag is Brookyn does not want to give up any of its young talent (Brooks et. al). So, they want to do a deal trading unrestricted free agents Gerald Green and Kris Humphries to Atlanta for Johnson.

Add that to the fact that they want the Magic to give them Dwight for nothing (and that there are questions about how they started talking with him to begin with before the season), and you can see how they work.

I guess they figure they just always get things their way and that's that.