Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Without a doubt! But the Bulls was also one of Dwights previous landing spots! But you are right, their package would not be that great either!!

Did you see this RealGm report? http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221950/Magic_In_Touch_With_Lakers_Nets_Rockets_On_Howard_Deal

I don't visit RealGM but I check hoopshype everyday for the latest tweets, and yeah I saw that too.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I don't think we should trade Dwight just because he wants to for the hell of it, when there aren't many good trade pieces around the league (especially in Brooklyn)

We should still look to get Josh Smith and Brian Shaw to see if Dwight changes his mind (once again, it happens all the time)

Makes me wonder if Schmitz wasn't full of shiiite after all? Anyone read Dwightmare? Does any of that cover this?

Sigh. So sad to be a Magic fan right now. At least Henny gives us hope. Can we get SVG back?

SVG DID NOT GET FIRED BECAUSE OF DWIGHT!

If the Magic were going to fire SVG because of Dwight, they would have fired him during the lockout. Dwight made his request at the end of the 2010-11 season, if you follow the news reports. Even Dwight said in his interview with ESPN, that he might have said it in anger -- but not last season. Outside of that, though, it is reported that is when it happened (before the lockout).

Without a doubt! But the Bulls was also one of Dwights previous landing spots! But you are right, their package would not be that great either!!

Did you see this RealGm report? http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221950/Magic_In_Touch_With_Lakers_Nets_Rockets_On_Howard_Deal

That is not Real GM's report. That is Real GM's link to a story by Adrian Wojanarowski at Yahoo sports.

SVG DID NOT GET FIRED BECAUSE OF DWIGHT!

If the Magic were going to fire SVG because of Dwight, they would have fired him during the lockout. Dwight made his request at the end of the 2010-11 season, if you follow the news reports. Even Dwight said in his interview with ESPN, that he might have said it in anger -- but not last season. Outside of that, though, it is reported that is when it happened (before the lockout).

dwight didn't get svg fired and santa claus is real.

That is not Real GM's report. That is Real GM's link to a story by Adrian Wojanarowski at Yahoo sports.

OK! I can live with that! But more to the point, I am hoping LA bites, which flies in the face of the Nets plans...I can also live with that!!!

It's cute how Dwight is the only player who had a problem with Stan and wanted him gone...

It's cute how you think the idiots on this board who would sacrifice everyone on the team to keep Dwight are the only ones who would feel that way...

You really think Kobe would take that BS from Dwight? He'd tell the kid to go sit down.

Basically, I think Kobe did send that message and Dwight took LA off his list!!! I would love to see that smackdown in LA.... :creaturedance:

• Upvote 1

dwight didn't get svg fired and santa claus is real.

The Magic had a pretty good idea by then that they were going to be trading Dwight. Why would they fire Stan if the sole reason for firing him was because of Dwight? As I have maintained for quite some time:

1. The Magic were not happy that Van Gundy got them in trouble with the league a couple times. I'm pretty sure they got a pretty big fine when Stan compared David Stern to a Third World dictator.

2. There is a good chance he wouldn't have been fired if he had not told the media that Dwight wanted him fired. That followed by maybe a week a New York Post report (to call it news would be giving that rag too much credit) an inference that there might be something going on in Orlando (New York, where Jeff Van Gundy used to coach and is idolized by the media). And then the next week Jeff Van Gundy, during a nationally televised game, chastising the Magic and saying they pretty much had no standards. That caused people to start asking questions -- which Stan could then answer and say he was just answering the question when asked if he had heard anything about Dwight wanting him fired. The Magic want stuff to stay in house. They saw that as breaking the pact. What else would he take public if he didn't like it?

3. He had been here for 5 seasons, and while the Magic had been successful, they were losing ground in the East. He had the third-longest tenure in the league as a coach. The only guys with more were George Karl and Gregg Popovich (who has 4 championships to his name).