Babir_9

2012 Offseason

JJ, Ryno, Liggins, Orton, Wafer. Meer and Clark have player options.

JJ isn't expiring, but his contract is 100% unguaranteed if waived by July. May as well hang on to him though since we won't be 2012 players anyways.

I want Otis fired because I don't trust him to prepare for 2013, he'll sign some overrated jackass for the MLE next offseason in a stupid ass effort in keeping Dwight because the guy has no ability to plan whatsoever.

so, it all depends how successful we'll be in playoffs this year and how we manage the offseason...if we have a nice run and then use our expiring contracts to get a young star player, Dwight might be convinced to stay long term...

• Upvote 1

I think Otis's job has been re-defined since Alex came in. At the presser he said something about him and Alex have very definitive jobs, where Alex is the personnel side and Otis is the basketball side. I doubt the Magic let him put anything through without Alex's approval.

Next year he'll have a similar contract that VC had when we traded him. 2 years left but not guaranteed, if I'm not mistaken

Carter was a throw in with Gortat being the made piece in that trade. Unless we trade him with Reddick or Anderson, I do not see Turk going anywhere in the off season (and I hope that does not happen).

We don't need a decent backup point guard....we need a starting PG. Jameer either needs to go to the bench or get shipped out.

We do need a back up center though.

Huh? Have you watched a Magic game this year? Meer has is troubles, but Duhon sucks. Meer is playing much better lately. Finding a better starting PG is a need, but I don't see that happening this off season. If anything, I will concede we need both, but getting rid of Duhon is more important

Anyone know Meer's contract status? He has 2 years left right?

Huh? Have you watched a Magic game this year? Meer has is troubles, but Duhon sucks. Meer is playing much better lately. Finding a better starting PG is a need, but I don't see that happening this off season. If anything, I will concede we need both, but getting rid of Duhon is more important

Anyone know Meer's contract status? He has 2 years left right?

Jameer has played at an all star level over the last week. Maybe he FINALLY has gotten passed his distractions and his injuries. If that's the case, PG is the least of our worries. When he is on, only Parker and Westbrook are on his level as far as scoring points go.

Duhon brings nothing to the table. Literally, not a single benefit.

The occasional bright side is that because Duhon sucks so bad, opponents tend to leave him wide open.

He makes the defense collapse elsewere, just by sucking.

Pretty epic stuff :shard:

• Upvote 1