Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Several reports Nets are now signing Teletovic to the taxpayer MLE, which means they can exceed the cap to land Dwight or their own FA's

^ This is not a good sign.....

Could also mean they are making a big offer on Ersan.

The MLE thing means nothing. All it means is that the Nets are already overloaded on salaries of 3 players, still have to hand huge money to Lopez (LOLs), probably decent money to Hump, now 4 million to the MLE dude, oh, and then they have to sign 7 more players to fill out the roster. That wasn't happening on their current budget.

DWILL - 20

Joe - 20

Gerald - 10

MLE - 4

That put them at 44 million between those 4 players. They need 13 on the roster. Assuming Lopez gets 8-10 that puts them at 52 between 5 players. 24 puts them over the tax-threshold. You can't sign 8 guys for 24 million dollars and expect to be competitive.

The MLE thing means nothing. All it means is that the Nets are already overloaded on salaries of 3 players, still have to hand huge money to Lopez (LOLs), probably decent money to Hump, now 4 million to the MLE dude, oh, and then they have to sign 7 more players to fill out the roster. That wasn't happening on their current budget.

DWILL - 20

Joe - 20

Gerald - 10

MLE - 4

That put them at 44 million between those 4 players. They need 13 on the roster. Assuming Lopez gets 8-10 that puts them at 52 between 5 players. 24 puts them over the tax-threshold. You can't sign 8 guys for 24 million dollars and expect to be competitive.

It still means they could trade for Howard. It keeps them alive.

02-04, finished jr/sr year in GA.

Jeremiah was in our class. I didn't really know him but my friend did. Being in IB meant you really didn't hang out with non-IBers.

Oh you're a young buck. I was there in the 90's.

It still means they could trade for Howard. It keeps them alive.

They've never been alive. The Magic don't want Lopez, never have, never will.

Correction: Otis wanted him, because of this, Martins/RDV took his trade power away.

They've never been alive. The Magic don't want Lopez, never have, never will.

Correction: Otis wanted him, because of this, Martins/RDV took his trade power away.

Man I want to agree with you and hope you are right, but I have a bad feeling that Billy King was able to find another team to make it all work.

My grandmother also called the DWill decision when I told her there were only 2 teams and 1 of them was offering $25M more than the other.

Haha!! Touche sir

If neither the Rockets or Lakers trade materializes then you know what screw it. Make him play (or sit) the whole year and then he never goes to his dream destination. The nets trade is bad for this organization period and should never even be considered. Letting Howard walk would be prefferable to taking on average players for horrible long term big deals.

And then the funny thing would be, where does Howard go from there? Precious few teams will have the cap space to sign him, and none of which would be teams he said he'd ever consider going to. I would find it completely hillarious. The bridges have burned so thoroughly here I can't see him ever coming back here.

• Upvote 1

If neither the Rockets or Lakers trade materializes then you know what screw it. Make him play (or sit) the whole year and then he never goes to his dream destination. The nets trade is bad for this organization period and should never even be considered. Letting Howard walk would be prefferable to taking on average players for horrible long term big deals.

And then the funny thing would be, where does Howard go from there? Precious few teams will have the cap space to sign him, and none of which would be teams he said he'd ever consider going to. I would find it completely hillarious. The bridges have burned so thoroughly here I can't see him ever coming back here.

Bingo. I mean, SOMEONE would sign him. There's no question he'd land somewhere, but I could see him being an Alan Iverson pariah at the end of his career. Man, his agent (or himself) *****ed his reputation up GOOD.

I'm at UCF during the school year, west side of Orlando on breaks. Graduated from Olympia.

am in orlando (lake mary / Heathrow) 10 mins from dwights house....