Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Those picks are literally worthless if the Nets got Dwight. We would be handing an Eastern rival pretty much guaranteed ECF appearances for the next 5 years, in exchange for 3 players that contributed to a 22-44 season WITH Deron Williams.

Oh and make us the laughing stock of the NBA

I cannot believe for one second that this trade will happen. If it does, the Nets GM will go down as the greatest GM of the 21st century.

Without knowing the specifics of what really is being discussed or not discussed since I am sick of hearing these sources guess at what they think is happening and knowing we have a GM whos former team built through the draft, I am keeping an open mind at this point

We get:

Lopez, who is out right hated by most member here. He is a tallent offensive center who is still young and could get better on D. Foot is a question, but Howard back is also a question.

Brooks, a young shooting guard that has promise

Hump, who hated or not, produces

Multiple picks beginning in 2013. This pick could still be high since the Nets would have no one outside of three massive contracts and and a 40 mil Wallace.

Depending on the S and T's contract length, this would not be so bad, especially if Duhon or Turk are included. We could then maybe S and T Anderson and include Reddick to get a decent PG and another pick. Maybe trade one of our young PF' for a back up PG.

We would be stuck in NBA purgatory. Not good enough to win. Not sorry enough to get good draft picks .

• Upvote 1

I cannot believe for one second that this trade will happen. If it does, the Nets GM will go down as the greatest GM of the 21st century.

Yeah I'm but buying this. If we even did talk to the Nets its only to get other teams to step up and make their best offers. I could see Ferry going all in if his plan has been to go after Dwight. No way we deal Dwight to NJ unless there's a 3rd team involved

If this deal goes through then Billy King has gone from Otis 2.0 to Exec of the Year in the space of 24 hours.

For those talking about contracts for Humphries and Lopez, apparently for sign and trades, the contract length needs to be at least 3 years with only the first year needing to be guaranteed. Similar to what we did with Wafer. Knowing that, I'd be ensuring that is what happens with both those guys.

If this deal goes through then Billy King has gone from Otis 2.0 to Exec of the Year in the space of 24 hours.

For those talking about contracts for Humphries and Lopez, apparently for sign and trades, the contract length needs to be at least 3 years with only the first year needing to be guaranteed. Similar to what we did with Wafer. Knowing that, I'd be ensuring that is what happens with both those guys.

Isn't this whole thing completely contingent on Lopez AND Humphries agreeing to the deal? I'm thinking both could get longer deals for more money if they hold out. Why would either agree to 3 year contracts where only the first year is guaranteed. Look at what Hibbert and Asik were able to get. Lopez and Humphries have to be salivating after seeing those deals. I just can't see them playing along and I can't see Hennigan signing them for anything but those type of deals.

We would be stuck in NBA purgatory. Not good enough to win. Not sorry enough to get good draft picks .

First we really do not know the specifics of these talks. Secondly we would be lottery bound for 2 to 3 years and add and additional pick in 2013, 15, 17, ??. In 2015, both Wallace and Johnson would be 33 (?). Can you tell me that will not be a high pick? What about 2017? Care to tell me that will not be a top 15 pick? This trade idea, again depending on the length of the s and t's, could set us up to be really really good in 3 years with multiple picks still to come, and that equals flexibility/ trade bait etc. Brooks could be a very good player in this league as well.

First we really do not know the specifics of these talks. Secondly we would be lottery bound for 2 to 3 years and add and additional pick in 2013, 15, 17, ??. In 2015, both Wallace and Johnson would be 33 (?). Can you tell me that will not be a high pick? What about 2017? Care to tell me that will not be a top 15 pick? This trade idea, again depending on the length of the s and t's, could set us up to be really really good in 3 years with multiple picks still to come, and that equals flexibility/ trade bait etc. Brooks could be a very good player in this league as well.

Those picks are meaningless when you have prime time Dwight and Deron together. Plain and simple, they will be contending for the ECF year in and year out against the Heat and we get non-lottery picks. Yeah, Awesome.

Ken Berger:

"Sources confirm discussions have resumed between the Magic and Nets about a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn."

"The complicated scenario would involve the signing/trading of Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries, along with MarShon Brooks and 1st-round picks."

"The Brooklyn scenario isn't imminent, and it isn't the only one Orlando is working on, sources say."

"Orlando GM Rob Hennigan also trying to engage the Hawks, Rockets, Lakers and possibly Mavs in Howard talks. Full-court press.

In an attempt to put Howard's and Lopez's injuries in perspective, Dwight had a 20/20 game with his back injuries. Lopez can't do that even when 100%.

So, Injured Dwight > Healthy Lopez.

I will seriously be done with this franchise for the foreseeable future if the Magic trade Howard for that garbage package from NJ. The organization doesn't owe Dwight nor NJ anything, so we don't need to be treated like some damn farm team. Just let Dwight walk, and then we have the cap space to go after some FAs next season. What I'd like to see the team concentrate on is finding suckers like Atlanta did and unload Duhon and Turk.

In an attempt to put Howard's and Lopez's injuries in perspective, Dwight had a 20/20 game with his back injuries. Lopez can't do that even when 100%.

So, Injured Dwight > Healthy Lopez.

I will seriously be done with this franchise for the foreseeable future if the Magic trade Howard for that garbage package from NJ. The organization doesn't owe Dwight nor NJ anything, so we don't need to be treated like some damn farm team. Just let Dwight walk, and then we have the cap space to go after some FAs next season. What I'd like to see the team concentrate on is finding suckers like Atlanta did and unload Duhon and Turk.

Wanna root for the Bucks with me? lol. I'm with you though brotha'...I'm from seattle and I may just root for no team until my city gets a team again.....