Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Anyone got a link to the press conference at 11?

P.S. Can we make #*****dwight trend on Twitter?

What is the press conference for?

I'm gonna laugh when the nets have a decent 1-2 punch in Williams and JJ and "yoooooooo world" doesn't EVER go to Brooklyn...

Stressing this again: until Dwight is actually suiting up in another jersey, I'm rooting for him. That said, if it comes down to it, I would rather trade him West, and get less, than trade him to a team we'll play four times a year until he retires...

Legitimate question here.

What if the Nets trade for Joe Johnson and only have enough salary cap next summer to sign Dwight to a deal where he's only making 10-12 million dollars per year? What does Dwight do then? Does he take the 50% paycut? Does he sign long term with Dallas or Houston?

I mean if they trade for Joe Johnson and have Wallace locked up and have D-Will locked up, what does Dwight do? We better not welcome him back with open arms.

Legitimate question here.

What if the Nets trade for Joe Johnson and only have enough salary cap next summer to sign Dwight to a deal where he's only making 10-12 million dollars per year? What does Dwight do then? Does he take the 50% paycut? Does he sign long term with Dallas or Houston?

I mean if they trade for Joe Johnson and have Wallace locked up and have D-Will locked up, what does Dwight do? We better not welcome him back with open arms.

He'll play for less and be considered a hero by Nyets fans because he's not playing for money, but for love. Which is fine. Dwight makes more than his NBA salary each year in endorsements anyway, he doesn't care.

To introduce the rooks.

Can't wait for Henny's next presser. Should be interesting. You gotta wonder how this is affecting our coaching search. What a crap shoot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He did come out and say he wants a trade and said he would only sign with one team. He doesn't have to say BK...its been reported and everyone knows that's who he's talking about. Dwight wants it both ways. He wants to appear "loyal" to a city, who he's asking to be traded from yet in the same interview he's purposely still trying to force us into making a deal with only one team by letting all other teams know he will not re-sign with them under any circumstance...his agenda is clear. He will blame everyone in the world for this once the trade goes down and will never accept any personal responsibility, just like he does after losing a game. This is the person he is.

Was money involved in this last season?

I read about how if he didn't make the playoffs, addidas wouldn't give him bonus or something...

that's why he resigned and used the word loyalty to cover up?

And his plan was to get the money from addidas and then say goodbye to the Magic again before the season starts?

well, if money is such a big issue to him, we should...

1) never do a S&T for him (can't get max here), and trade him to a bad team

2) if that doesn't happen, just sit him thru the year, we tank our record for a top 3 pick next year.

Stressing this again: until Dwight is actually suiting up in another jersey, I'm rooting for him. That said, if it comes down to it, I would rather trade him West, and get less, than trade him to a team we'll play four times a year until he retires...

I agree here. If were going to trade him I want him on the other coast rather than playing him 3-4 times a year