Babir_9

2012 Offseason

That in itself supports my feelings. If they thought somebody with no relationship with their current stars could fair better than Shaw what does that say about him?

I'm not saying Shaw will be horrible I really dont know but I just dont see why everybody is in love with an unproven assistant.

I think it had more to do about starting fresh. Think they wanted to move away from Phil because kobe only says good things about him. Very well respected by players which could help with Dwight.

RT @Powell2daPeople: Brian Shaw is only thing Kobe and Shaq agreed on in LA. Both loved him.

I have to admit that is the biggest ringing endorsement of Shaw I've seen yet. That is two massive egos to manage and it's impressive that Shaw was apparently able to handle it.

I think it had more to do about starting fresh. Think they wanted to move away from Phil because kobe only says good things about him. Very well respected by players which could help with Dwight.

Exactly. Shaw was Phil's assistant, and the new Laker management wanted to clean house of anyone who was on Phil's side after that break up. Kobe was pissed that Shaw wasn't given the chance. For those worried about him getting passed up a few times (of which we don't know how many of those he even wanted), keep in mind that he's being interviewed as a front-runner for nearly every job in the league as well. That obviously speaks towards the respect the league has for him.

The read something that basically said Shaw was offered the Charlotte job but told them he needed more time to think about it so they moved on.

I have to admit that is the biggest ringing endorsement of Shaw I've seen yet. That is two massive egos to manage and it's impressive that Shaw was apparently able to handle it.

Add 12 to that ego list and its the players wanting him. We don't know if Shaw will or wont be a good coach until he gets an opportunity. Why not here?

David Baumann ‏@DavidBaumann33

Just talked to @OrlandoMagicPat... still quiet on the #Magic GM front with NBA Draft looming on June 28th. Hennigan, Lindsay, Bower on list.

From @OrlandoMagicPat: "Alex (Martins) is working through the process. It's coming down to the wire with the Draft a week from Thursday."

Sources say Kareen Abdul-Jabbar (@kaj33) checked into Grand Bohemian Fri, but @OrlandoMagicPat said he was unaware of any #Magic connection.

Well no matter who the GM or coach is, I don't really think the Draft should be difficult. I mean you would think whether or not to pull a draft day trade could be tough, but I mean just the pick at 19.

Look at the roster.

Chris Duhon completely sucks and Jameer Nelson could still opt out, it's still at least possible that he goes elsewhere. Gee, unless some player unexpectedly slips to us, we should draft the best point guard available, right? It's time to reload the depth at that position.

I want a new GM as soon as anyone on the forum, but perhaps we shouldn't be quite as worried as we are.

• Upvote 1

I'm more worried about having the coaching search wrapped up by the July 1st free agency period than the draft. But, based on the prospects out there and the amount of time the GM candidates have had to put together a comprehensive pitch, I think it's probably a two-horse race between Malone and Shaw with the latter as the favorite.

Still, I just. want. news.

Well no matter who the GM or coach is, I don't really think the Draft should be difficult. I mean you would think whether or not to pull a draft day trade could be tough, but I mean just the pick at 19.

Look at the roster.

Chris Duhon completely sucks and Jameer Nelson could still opt out, it's still at least possible that he goes elsewhere. Gee, unless some player unexpectedly slips to us, we should draft the best point guard available, right? It's time to reload the depth at that position.

I want a new GM as soon as anyone on the forum, but perhaps we shouldn't be quite as worried as we are.

Look at the roster.

I agree with you if we were only planning to use the draft to pick players. But, historically, the draft has been a great place to make veteran trades. Our team needs major changes to convince Howard to re-sign. It would be a shame to miss an opportunity to change the roster for the better because a general manager was not in place. There appears to be a lot of chatter regarding some veterans with substantial talent that could be changing addresses. Draft picks can help with theses types of deals. What happens if a team takes a player we were high on. Will anyone have the authority to try to trade for that player or purchase additional picks. I really hope someone is in place before next week.

Look at the roster.

We have to have a starting point guard and I can't believe the Magic would go into next season with Duhon as the starter. I also can't believe that any of the point guards in this draft, especially one that would be left at pick #19, would be the starter. So, that leaves us either extending Jameer or acquiring a starter in a trade or free agency. Who is available that would be at least as good if not better than Jameer? Forget Deron Williams. We don't have the cap space even if he wanted to come to Orlando. Kyle Lowery or Eric Bledsoe in a trade? What pieces do we have to trade that would get us a starting PG? Under the circumstances, it seems that the best option would be to extend Jameer, as long as it is for a reasonable length and amount.