Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

The final hours.

58 members have voted

1. 1. What would you LIKE the Magic to do with Dwight?

• Keep him...let's make a run this season and worry about the rest later.
    • Trade him. End the fiasco now. Let's start anew.
  2. 2. What do you THINK the Magic will do?

3. 3. How did you interpret Dwight's comments about wanting to stay the rest of the season?

• All part of his plan to simply sign with NJ in the offseason, thus preventing the Nets from a roster overhaul to acquire him.
    • I think he means it. He wants to give Orlando a chance. If the Magic make some good moves this offseason, Dwight may be open to staying.

As we are now in the last stages of this fiasco (for this season anyway...haha), let's hear your FINAL thoughts all in one organized place.

...well...as organized as TBN can be.

Really, how can we trust him?

It all seems like a ploy to get the best for him...gets to finish out the season, gets to go to the playoffs one more time, probably a decent 2nd round exit, says goodbye at the end of the season (not the middle), and goes to a team that didn't have to gut itself up to bring him.

That is all that's important for him.

The fact that we had Ellis and Jackson in the bag and all he had to do was opt-in for us to finalize the deal tells of what his REAL intentions are. (If that report is legit, anyway.)

The fact that we had Ellis and Jackson in the bag and all he had to do was opt-in for us to finalize the deal tells of what his REAL intentions are. (If that report is legit, anyway.)

I don't buy any repot from the media anymore. Too many things have come out from "sources" about how Dwight was gonna be in LA before the season started. Then New Jersey. Then Chicago before the trade deadline. Then it was Ellis heading to Orlando.

Seriously. Don't care how legit any of the talks were for any of those. You know when I will buy it? When it's done and over with.

• Upvote 1

I don't buy any repot from the media anymore. Too many things have come out from "sources" about how Dwight was gonna be in LA before the season started. Then New Jersey. Then Chicago before the trade deadline. Then it was Ellis heading to Orlando.

Seriously. Don't care how legit any of the talks were for any of those. You know when I will buy it? When it's done and over with.

I hear ya, it's all just a bit...draining? When you add everything up and take into account all the things Dwight has done and said this season, it just makes sense.

He's going to hang on where he is for the season and try get a good run att he playoffs then leave and go to Lakers or the Nets.. If either team were doing better now I'm sure he'd be more open to going to them tomorrow. Dwight is not in Orlando to keep any of us happy but his handling of this whole trade scenario has been nothing short of amateur and childish which he has selfishly managed to piss us all off, so I can only imagine how the team must be feeling not knowing what's going on and will they be used as a way of keeping him happy for another few months...

I don't want him to leave Magic and if he makes the decision to get rid of Otis I think that could be good for him and Orlando , he could come off as the good guy after all of this.

im split between keeping and seeing what happens of trading him. i still remember the infamous 21-61 nightmare season and its something i never want to go through again.

either way bring Friday morning (australia time) as it will be all over and done with and we can will all know once and for all are we going to contend or just make up the numbers in the playoffs

My thoughts? He's come out in the news after last nights game and said that he has told the Magic that he wants to stay for the rest of the season. This is a great move on his part...a great move in an attempt to make the team the bad guys. I don't think there is anything that he could have done to be more selfish, I want to win and get to the playoffs this year, next year I will leave so I can do what I want and you the team and the fans that have supported me will get absolutely nothing in return. This isn't about what we should get for the guy, it's the guy manuevering so that his image stays in tact at the expense of everyone that has cared about him.

I still blame Otis for what he has done to this team, he needs to go, on top of that now I'm sickened by Dwight's handling of all of this. "I want to stay" I know it's a gamble for the team but I want them to take the chance, don't worry about next year, all that matters is right now. No you want to be able to point the finger at the team and say I wanted to stay but they wanted to get rid of me, it's their fault we didn't win a title. You want NJ to stay in tact (which I find funny, because that team with Dwight will not get past Miami) so you can land in a good situation. He's no different than Lebron in my mind at this point.

When he comes back I will not boo him and I will not cheer for him, I refuse to give him any more attention since that seems to be the only thing he cares about. I know most people will not follow along with this idea but I think it would be a strong message if we did.

Real Quick before my flight leaves:

Believing every rumor will kill you.

Actions speak louder than words, Dwight hasn't acted like he wants to leave like most ppl have by quit playing hard.

Picks are not "sure deals"... As we all know. This franchise will be here long after Dwight, Nelson, JJ, RA, etc.

So why not roll the dice and see what happens.

I will continue to believe that Dwight would not shaft the Magic, until he actually does it.

iPhone

• Upvote 1

Hate to say this, but just trade him. Get what you can for him and move on. I am sick of his comments, sick of the media and sick of Otis. If last nights win cannot convince him he should stay here, then so be it.

I blame Otis and to a much much lesser extent Stan. I know I catch hell for that comment from all the Stan lovers, but if a guy sucks or is playing horrible (Duhon), yank him and put in someone else. If that guy sucks to, so be it, at least you tried. Dude comes into the game and the offense stops and the fast break resulting tos start. Turk was turning the ball over in the first and got yanked, so why the love affair with Duhon. And I know Duhon was not the sole cause of the to's, but I find it odd he comes in and the Heat storm back (mostly on fast breaks).

I've seen a few comments about going for the championship this year. I agree that this is the only real option given what NJ has to offer (or whatever else is out there). This team still has the same issues we've always had, the wins over the Bulls and Heat do nothing to change that. My guess is that Dwight also knows this because image wise he knows that he will take a huge hit if he leaves a title team to go to a lottery team. This doesn't end well for us any way you look at it.