Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

The Official Stan Van Gundy Appreciation Thread

i did come out this season after a bad loss and said something has to change whether it was Stan to go or Otis. well i think it Oatis that needs to go as far as the last few years have gone my only floor in our game plan has been our offence. i thought we need to have more of an inside outside game and move away from being a team that relies so heavily on the 3 point shot but the stretch 4 game is what it is a shooters game.

but still we supporters whom have been a Magic fan for years we have to remember one thing Stan gave a us a taste of NBA Finals basketball for the first time in 14 years

anyway Stan is a great coach and can say fire me as we all know he will have job with a new franchise very quickly top coaches don't sit around long.

big props to Drain-O good thread

SVG stays ...... No reason to discard him...

We would be F-ing fools if we did.

i sort of agree with this comment... but what would we be if we trade Dwight. He is still only 26 years old and may not know what he wants...

It would be beyond foolish to allow a player to dictate the coaching and staff. I have grow to respect SVG because of his hard nosed plays and never give up attitude. Smith can go tommorrow, and no big loss. If the Magic fire SVG, It will be Christmas Day for the Knicks.

“In my business, if I lost 99.9 percent of the time, I wouldn’t last very long. But the guys who write these things can be wrong 99.9 percent of time and they still got a job. That’s a great profession right there. You never have to be right. You can just throw some b——- out there and people say you’re good at your job.

“And just say you’ve got a source,” Van Gundy said. “Your source, by the way, could be the guy at the deli counter at Publix. But you heard from a source. Throw it in there. … It’s nuts right now.

That is the best Stan Van Gundy quote of all time!