Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

NFL offseason thread

Add on an easy schedule, and you have a team that managed to back into the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, Tebow sucks, but how would you explain the Pittsburgh game in the playoffs?

So Manning is guaranteed 18 million, and is guaranteed an ADDITIONAL 40 million if, in 2013, a doctor will say "This man is physically capable of playing football," regardless of whether or not he's capable of playing well.

From this we can safely say 2 things:

1. John Elway REALLY hated Tim Tebow.

2. Manning has the greatest agent alive.

Just saw on ESPN that reports are saying that Frisco is close to a deal with Alex Smith.

If Smith does re-up for the 49ers, I think Tebow goes to Miami. Amazing that a team can strike out on as many QBs as they have.

Tebow traded to the Jets for a 4th round pick.

Rumors say Sean Peyton will be suspended for a full year.

So who's a worse QB, Sanchez or Tebow? I guess the Jets are curious to find out...

So who's a worse QB, Sanchez or Tebow? I guess the Jets are curious to find out...

I would rather have Tebow than Sanchez right now.

Anyway, we resigned Alex, i was really hoping to see CK starting. With the way our team is built, QB doesn't need to do a whole lot to win, just avoid TO's and drive into FG range. This is just delaying the inevitable, that is Kaepernick taking the reins of this offense.

I think it was Dan Patrick, but he said something I really liked on Tebow. He said he really wondered what would happen if a team just literally gave Tebow the reigns of the offense like Carolina did for Newton and just told him "You know what, go make plays. Have fun, do what go you here. No pressure, no babying, throw the ball everywhere and run when you need to." He did throw in the qualifier that Netwon is far more talented of an athlete then Tebow and a better passer than Tim. But I really would wonder what would happen if that did occur.

Either way. Tim Tebow in New York? The Jets fans already can't stand Sanchez. The NFL and ESPN must be licking their chops over this one.

I would rather have Tebow than Sanchez right now.

Anyway, we resigned Alex, i was really hoping to see CK starting. With the way our team is built, QB doesn't need to do a whole lot to win, just avoid TO's and drive into FG range. This is just delaying the inevitable, that is Kaepernick taking the reins of this offense.

I wouldn't be so willing to just give up on Alex Smith and hand it over to CK just yet. Sure he still needs to prove that this was not just a fluke, but he did almost single handedly will the team to beat the Saints.

I think it was Dan Patrick, but he said something I really liked on Tebow. He said he really wondered what would happen if a team just literally gave Tebow the reigns of the offense like Carolina did for Newton and just told him "You know what, go make plays. Have fun, do what go you here. No pressure, no babying, throw the ball everywhere and run when you need to." He did throw in the qualifier that Netwon is far more talented of an athlete then Tebow and a better passer than Tim. But I really would wonder what would happen if that did occur.

Assuming every other aspect of the team was roughly average?

They'd win maybe 4 games.