Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

NFL offseason thread

Moss has been cut by multiple teams that needed receivers.

I'd actually be somewhat surprised if he survives camp.

Moss does a great job at playing phenomenally when he feels he has something to prove. I bet he has a great year then does something the following season to get him out of the league again.

Peyton Manning is out of his damn mind. I can't believe he let Elway wine and dine him to the point where it swayed him to Denver. Maybe his wife liked it there or something, but that team just isn't very good. He could have gone to San Fran and been a Super Bowl favorite.

And you heard it here first: if Jax doesn't trade for Tebow, he'll end up in New England. Belichick won't shy away from making him a system player, and there would be no fan pressure at all to play him at QB.

Peyton Manning is out of his damn mind. I can't believe he let Elway wine and dine him to the point where it swayed him to Denver. Maybe his wife liked it there or something, but that team just isn't very good. He could have gone to San Fran and been a Super Bowl favorite.

And you heard it here first: if Jax doesn't trade for Tebow, he'll end up in New England. Belichick won't shy away from making him a system player, and there would be no fan pressure at all to play him at QB.

A friend told me that he saw they're looking at something like a 5 year, $95M contract. If true, I don't blame him for going to Denver. Plus they have a pretty good O line to offer protection, which I imagine was one of the key factors, a very good defense, and a few young, talented receivers, namely Demaryius Thomas.

Not sure why the Pats would want Tebow. They already have 2 stud TEs in Gronk and Hernandez, Ryan Mallet as Brady's successor, etc. I just don't see it

a very good defense

No, just no. God, I wish people would stop perpetuating that falsehood. The numbers were inflated due to the poor offenses they consistently played. Every time they played a good offense, they were exposed.

a few young, talented receivers, namely Demaryius Thomas

He's good in comparison to their other receivers, but he's just ok. They don't have a TE...no deep threat...no slot receiver...no secondary rb.

I have no idea how that team went on the run they did. I am by no means a Tebow supporter, so I'm definitely not going with that line of thinking. They just went on a miraculous run where every break went their way. Add on an easy schedule, and you have a team that managed to back into the playoffs.

Not sure why the Pats would want Tebow. They already have 2 stud TEs in Gronk and Hernandez, Ryan Mallet as Brady's successor, etc. I just don't see it

They could make him a package player like Julian Edleman and Danny Woodhead. BB could slot him in all over the place in the schemes he comes up with.

There is a better chance of the Jags trading for me.

I'm not sure why Peyton would go with the Broncos over the 49ers, unless San Francisco really wasn't that interested.

The good news, the where will Peyton go crap is over.

The bad news, the where will Tebow go crap is just beginning.

I hope Denver doesn't drag their feet in trading Tebow.

Manning: 5 years, $96M

Done deal

[throws up in mouth]

that is ridiculous.

I think it's a dumb move considering how weak the AFC West is. And, this move doesn't catapult them as a top-tier AFC team.

Any word on how much of that is guaranteed?

The first year of Manning's deal with the Broncos will pay the quarterback $18 million without injury protection for the Denver Broncos, according to Brandt. The Broncos will then pay Manning $40 million guaranteed for the next two seasons, pending Manning passing a physical in March of 2013. The final two seasons of Manning's deal will pay out $19 million each season.

As it stands right now, Manning's deal is essentially a one-year deal for $18 million guaranteed, but if he's fully healthy in March of 2013, it will jump to a total of $58 million guaranteed for the first three years.