Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

NFL offseason thread

Super Mario signs for 6 years, 100 million dollars. 50 million guaranteed.

So if Williams has a career ending injury 10 minutes from now, Buffalo has to pay him 8.33m a year for the next 6 years to do nothing. Wow.

I always thought it would be interesting to see the results of that Draft, the one where EVERYONE was saying Reggie Bush would be a game changer that comes once in a decade. I remember him, Mario, Leinart, D'Brickashaw and Vince Young among others, and everyone was saying that is was one of the deepest draft classes ever.

#1 - Williams

Good, very solid career, but not the best #1 overall pick by far, and not the best defensive player in the league. Probably 5/6 ish

#2- Bush

Career backup until he found his place with the Dolphins. Still, one of the most overrated draft prospects in modern era

#3 - Young

After a promising start with the Titans, his game fell a lot, cannot keep the ball out of D hands and is now a permanent backup.

#4 - Ferguson

Solid starter for a perennial playoffs team. Good choice by the Jets

#5 - A.J Hawk

Was one of the best defenders in the league a couple of years ago. Now is just one of the pieces of their porous defense

#6 - Vernon Davis

Always a physical freak, but had not play up to his talents until '12 playoffs. Jury's still out on him.

#7 - Michael Huff

Solid pickup for Oakland. One of the best players on their D

#8 - Donte Whitner

Was not loved by Buffalo. Was good in SF last season, but not worthy of an #8 spot.

#9 - Ernie Sims

Was good in Detroit. Lost track of him recently

#10 - Matt Leinart

Total fiasco

In conclussion, one of the worst top 10 classes ever. Of course, #11 and #12 were Cutler and Ngata, and the draft also highlighted Demeco Ryans, Devin Hester, Jahri Evans and Brandon Marshall.

But just to remember the pre-draft hype, it can be considered an all around super weak draft class.

I'd argue that if Williams could've ever stayed consistently healthy, we'd be talking about him as the best 4-3 defensive end in football. He's so big and so explosive that he should/would be an absolute nightmare for opposing tackles.

Did manning really narrow his choices down to Denver and Tennessee? That's baffling to me.

Imagine what Denver might do with a real quarterback if its defense played like it did during that stretch last season.

And Tennessee is for obvious reasons.

Where did you expect him to go?

Imagine what Denver might do with a real quarterback if its defense played like it did during that stretch last season.

And Tennessee is for obvious reasons.

Where did you expect him to go?

Now it looks like we are the sleeper candidate to get Manning.

Weird, seems JH and Alex seemed to be bonding there.

Now it looks like we are the sleeper candidate to get Manning.

Weird, seems JH and Alex seemed to be bonding there.

San Fran has so much talent, it's scary. It'd be interesting to see how Peyton fit there. Hell, it'd be interesting anywhere; he's been synonymous with "Colts" for as long as I've followed the sport.

I have playoff hopes for the Bucs, and Superbowl hopes for the 49ers.

Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, Michael Crabtree, & Vernon Davis.. suddenly a heck of a WR corp in front of Frank Gore. Even if it was just Alex Smith, that's pretty good. Of course there's this dude still out there.. Eli Manning's big brother..?

Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, Michael Crabtree, & Vernon Davis.. suddenly a heck of a WR corp in front of Frank Gore. Even if it was just Alex Smith, that's pretty good. Of course there's this dude still out there.. Eli Manning's big brother..?

Now the possibilites are that Peyton signs with us, Alex signs with Mia.

Of course, we could be without both of them, and Kaepernick would be the one in charge of the offense. Really don't know how is this show gonna end.

I think a lot of people are overrating the impact Moss is going to have

As a giant fan I'm not sad to see manningham leave (considering the talent we already have at receiver). He's extremely talented and great at getting separation but he's not great at running routes and makes a lot of mental mistakes.