Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

NFL offseason thread

Spending Bucs!

I really can't call it spending as a Bucs fan. Figures reported say they still have about 15 million of the 45 in cap space they had to start with. And Jeff Faine is supposedly getting cut, which will free up another 8 million.

This is more like, finally showing up for the Glazers. Make no mistake, as a Bucs fan since the creamsicle days, I'm very happy right now. I'd like us to snag either Lofton or Tulloch to finish it off, then move on for a solid draft. I'm thinking:

1: Claibourne

2: Josh Robinson

3. LeMichael James

5. Chris Rainey

My 9ers are taking a more conservatie approach at FA:

- Resigning their best available (Rogers, Brooks)

- Franchising the one guy that seems difficult to make a long term deal with (Goldson)

- Emphasizing the importance of our D, and just bringing marginal talent to upgrade WR (Moss vs. Morgan)

I think Alex will resign. Only other starter left is Snyder, whom i think will go somewhere else. And i really, really, really hope we can bring WALLACE.

Draft priorities:

- WR (If Wallace does not come)

- OL, specifically G

- 3rd down back

My 9ers are taking a more conservatie approach at FA:

- Resigning their best available (Rogers, Brooks)

- Franchising the one guy that seems difficult to make a long term deal with (Goldson)

- Emphasizing the importance of our D, and just bringing marginal talent to upgrade WR (Moss vs. Morgan)

I think Alex will resign. Only other starter left is Snyder, whom i think will go somewhere else. And i really, really, really hope we can bring WALLACE.

Draft priorities:

- WR (If Wallace does not come)

- OL, specifically G

- 3rd down back

Your 49ers can afford to be more conservative. They were one dumb play away from being in the superbowl.

Great 24 hours for the Bucs. Wright isn't a "sexy" signing but I believe his versatility is what stood out to our FO. He mentioned in his press conference that he has played both corner positions, and nickle, and he said he's even played all three in one game before. The Nicks signing is just amazing, he's a guard so it may be considered a ho hum signing by some, but make no mistake about it he's one of the best players the Bucs have ever landed through FA. The guy is a mauler and truly an elite player at his position, you don't get selected as a first team all pro twice by accident. Guards his age with that much talent rarely hit the open market, the Bucs scored big time with this signing. I read on the Bucs website that he's only given up 8.5 sacks in his four years in the NFL. Factoring in how much the Saints throw the ball, the most by far in the NFL during Nicks' tenure, 8.5 sacks given up is incredible.

Bucs definitely hit it with Nicks. He and Evans formed the best Guard tandem in the League for quite a few years now. I wish we would have gone for him.

Bucs definitely hit it with Nicks. He and Evans formed the best Guard tandem in the League for quite a few years now. I wish we would have gone for him.

Combine him with Davin Joseph, and now Zuttah at the Center, and the interior of the Bucs O-Line just got very powerful indeed. Penn is overpaid, but a servicable weak side tackle, and if Trueblood could just keep his head on straight, suddenly the bucs have a very very good front 5.

Combine him with Davin Joseph, and now Zuttah at the Center, and the interior of the Bucs O-Line just got very powerful indeed. Penn is overpaid, but a servicable weak side tackle, and if Trueblood could just keep his head on straight, suddenly the bucs have a very very good front 5.

Good signing for Dallas. Carr is pretty underrated IMO

Super Mario signs for 6 years, 100 million dollars. 50 million guaranteed.

So if Williams has a career ending injury 10 minutes from now, Buffalo has to pay him 8.33m a year for the next 6 years to do nothing. Wow.