Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

NFL offseason thread

We'll begin with the gigantic amount the Redskins just gave up to be able to draft Robert Griffin III.

A second round pick and their first round pick for the next two years in exchange for a pick swap with the Rams.

So they gave up a second round pick this year and 2 future firsts for the right to move up 4 spots. My brain hurts.

We'll begin with the gigantic amount the Redskins just gave up to be able to draft Robert Griffin III.

A second round pick and their first round pick for the next two years in exchange for a pick swap with the Rams.

So they gave up a second round pick this year and 2 future firsts for the right to move up 4 spots. My brain hurts.

I like RG3, but not that much.

Hoping the Bucs can take Claiborne with the 5th pick and sign Vincent Jackson in free agency. Cortland Finnegan would be nice, as well

Really good move by the Rams. This will make the division tougher.

On to my 49ers, resgining Spillman, tendering Grant and franchising Goldson are definitely good moves. I think Brooks contract is too long, and i would like to resign Rogers asap, so we can focus on getting ourselves a top WR (Hopefully Wallace) to compliment whoever is QBing this team next season (IMO Smith, but not sure yet)

Lets play a game of "Guess the Quarterback"! Here are the career stats of 5 NFL QBs. Can you guess who they are? Can you guess which one is Mark Sanchez, to whom the Jets inexplicably just gave a 3 year, 40.5 million dollar extension despite his having 2 more years on his existing contract?

Quarterback A: 59.2% Completions, 68 TD's, 65 INTs, 75.0 Rating

Quarterback B: 59.4% Completions, 38 TD's, 35 INTs, 77.7 Rating

Quarterback C: 55.3% Completions, 55 TD's, 51 INTs, 73.2 Rating

Quarterback D: 57.9% Completions, 46 TD's, 51 INTs, 74.4 Rating

Quarterback E: 59.1% Completions, 32 TD's, 26 INTs, 80.1 Rating

Lets play a game of "Guess the Quarterback"! Here are the career stats of 5 NFL QBs. Can you guess who they are? Can you guess which on is Mark Sanchez, to whom the Jets inexplicably just gave a 3 year, 40.5 million dollar extension despite his having 2 more years on his existing contract?

C ?

I'm going D

And I heard some rumors that while Peyton Manning was watching the superbowl, some fans asked for an autograph or whatever and they said that for him to look at them, he had to turn his whole body, because he couldn't turn his neck :S

Sucks because he's my favourite QB along with Michael Vick

It would be fun to have Peyton as a Jet but that's not happening

Lets play a game of "Guess the Quarterback"! Here are the career stats of 5 NFL QBs. Can you guess who they are? Can you guess which on is Mark Sanchez, to whom the Jets inexplicably just gave a 3 year, 40.5 million dollar extension despite his having 2 more years on his existing contract?

C is Alex Smith?

None of them are Alex Smith.

And I missed Connery's post earlier, but Claiborne is such an obvious choice and fills such an obvious need that I'd be shocked if the Bucs actually take him.

That sounds like something their FO would do :svgsad:

The Redskins also gave up their # 6 pick in this years draft, I believe.. So they to move up 4 spots they gave up their first 2 rounds of picks this year and their first rounder for the next two.. absurd... Especially with a young qb starting, those future first rounders will most likely be relatively high as well

C is Sanchez.. And the other 4 are all guys that have spent a good amount of their career being backups.. And they all have better QB ratings than Sanchez, I really don't understand Rex Ryan's love affair with him..

A is Ryan Fitzpatrick, B is Tarvaris Jackson, D is Vince Young, and E is Matt Moore

C is Sanchez.. And the other 4 are all guys that have spent a good amount of their career being backups.. And they all have better QB ratings than Sanchez, I really don't understand Rex Ryan's love affair with him..

A is Ryan Fitzpatrick, B is Tarvaris Jackson, D is Vince Young, and E is Matt Moore

Wow @ Fitzpatrick 59M for that kind of numbers