Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

NFL offseason thread

Where does does everyone think Peyton goes? I say Arizona. One of the top WRs in the game in Fitzgerald, a rising talent at RB in Beanie Wells, etc.

Although it'd be hilarious to see the Tebow bandwagon get shut up for a good year or 2....

Where does does everyone think Peyton goes? I say Arizona. One of the top WRs in the game in Fitzgerald, a rising talent at RB in Beanie Wells, etc.

Although it'd be hilarious to see the Tebow bandwagon get shut up for a good year or 2....

If he is in Arizona, he will face our potent D twice a year...not sure he would like it.

I really don't understand Rex Ryan's love affair with him..

Prolly has something to do with him getting better every year despite everyone around him getting worse.

Prolly has something to do with him getting better every year despite everyone around him getting worse.

Yep.

At his current rate of improvement, in just 4 more years he'll be an average starting quarterback.

But he'll be getting paid all-pro money at that point, which is why this deal is pants-on-head ridiculous.

He SHOULD go to Arizona, but I think he ends up in Denver.

He SHOULD go to Arizona, but I think he ends up in Denver.

I dunno, only St. Louis gave up more sacks and their defense is pretty middle of the road. I think the negatives outweigh Larry Fitzgerald. And Denver is just bad, so that makes no sense.

I think Houston or Miami works the best.

Saints would never do it, but they should be in the Manning sweepstakes. No other team would have a shot if Peyton's hometown contacted him.

Oh, and for everyone reading this and about to reply with "they have Drew Brees"...

You might have missed this, because the only thing ESPN does regarding the Saints is crucify them for something every team in the league does and has done since the beginning of time (another topic for another day), but Brees has been the exact opposite of what he tries to tell people he is, and that's a team player. Here's the story, Saints offer Brees a new contract, it's basically Tom Brady's contract for those counting at home. Brees declines it, wants more money ($5mil/year more actually). Saints decide to place franchise tag on Brees and resume negotiations later. Brees is refusing to sign the franchise papers and is threatening to hold out. At this point, as a Saints fan, screw this guy. You won a Super Bowl, and that was awesome, but you can't hold the team hostage.

Saints are in the same situation the Cardinals were in in baseball. Sure, throw Pujols the money, you just won't be able to field a roster later. Saints have way too many free agents to give one guy, as great as he is, all of the cap space and not be able to sign anyone else. It's not even like he got lowballed either.

I dunno, only St. Louis gave up more sacks and their defense is pretty middle of the road. I think the negatives outweigh Larry Fitzgerald. And Denver is just bad, so that makes no sense.

I think Houston or Miami works the best.

I think Arizona has a decent amount of cap space, so they could go get a few O Lineman if they so chose

Miami

We signed Moss to a (mostly) incentive based 1 year deal

Also some CB names Perrish Cox, so this means we are gonna be waving goodbye to one of the pillars of our record setting D, Carlos Rogers. Bad news.