Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoFan11

Ersan İlyasova to Magic??????

Friends and Fellow Fans

Like e, I am sure you have all been seeing the emergence of this kid Ersan İlyasova of the Bucks. I have never seen someone play with so much energy on defence and pull down Offensive Rebounds like him. He's the reason why the bucks are still semi-relevant and able to take teams down the line, albeit they still seem to lose more than they win thanks to Jennings' selfish play on offence.

I really love this kid and he becomes a free agent at the end of this season.

Heis shooting 40% from 3 point range this season, pull down more rebounds than Anderson and plays with a lot more energy. He is unrestricted while Anderson is restricted. I think we could pull off a trade with the Bucks whereby we send Anderson/J Rich for Ersan and Jackson to allow Redick to start.

Alternatively, I hope we go for him in the offseason in case Anderson starts demanding All-Star Money to stay.

I really have hope that we can still build a good team even if Howard leaves, as long as we get some good young pieces and a few picks as well.

Am I the only one rooting for NJ to lose so in the off chance that Howard goes there, we have a better chance at getting Anthony Davis in the draft?

That would be wicked as we would probably have the best young team in the NBA, especially if we can get a good young PG in the offseason as well.

Please let me have your thoughts

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Ryan Anderson is one of the most efficient offensive players in the NBA.

He has a higher number of win shares than Dwight does this season.

I'm not opposed to trading him if it nets us a nice return, but he's substantially better than Ilyasova, and you'd have to be brain dead to think otherwise.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

I'm not opposed to trading him if it nets us a nice return, but i think he's substantially better than Ilyasova.

May you live in health and prosperity, fellow Magic fan.

talk.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm not opposed to trading him if it nets us a nice return, but he's substantially better than Ilyasova, and you'd have to be brain dead to think otherwise.

Up until now I swear to god I thought your name read "Drunk On Misery"

• Upvote 2

I agree with what you said, but you really need to stop sugar-coating your posts. Tell us how you you really feel.

Ryan is a great player but he will demand top dollar this off-season, just watch. Plus Ersan shoots the 3 and has a good mid-range jumper, something Anderson doesnt have. Anderson is 2 dimensional, i.e. either shoots the 3 or lay-ups after Offensive Rebounds. Ersan is a better defender and can shoot the 3, is a better offensive rebounder and rebounder in general, shoots the mid-range jumper extremely well plus will cost a lot less to sign.

I would love to trade Baby for Ersan but realistically, what can we really get in return for Baby? The Bucks won't give Ersan up for him.

• Downvote 2

Ilyasova and Anderson are free agents at the same time.

If Anderson will demand top dollar, and you're trying to argue that Ilyasova is better than Anderson, then why wouldn't Ilyasova ALSO demand top dollar?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ryan is a great player but he will demand top dollar this off-season, just watch. Plus Ersan shoots the 3 and has a good mid-range jumper, something Anderson doesnt have. Anderson is 2 dimensional, i.e. either shoots the 3 or lay-ups after Offensive Rebounds. Ersan is a better defender and can shoot the 3, is a better offensive rebounder and rebounder in general, shoots the mid-range jumper extremely well plus will cost a lot less to sign.

I would love to trade Baby for Ersan but realistically, what can we really get in return for Baby? The Bucks won't give Ersan up for him.

Huh?

Ersan will also be up for a contract extension next year. He is a good energy guy but I highly doubt he puts up anything all that different from Ryan on this team next to Dwight. He is also not likely to be shooting as many midrange shots next to Dwight. Your other comment about the offensive rebounding is incorrect, Ryan actually ranks slightly ahead of Ersan ( Ryan is #9, Ersan is #10) which also probably has a lot to do with playing next to Dwight since he is ahead of both of them (#7) and the next closest Buck's player is Drew Gooden at #34.

I wonder about the 3pt shooting as well since he's jumped from a career 34% 3pt shooter to 40% where as Ryan has gone from 39% career to 42% this year. That just seems like a big jump to me. Their free throw attempts per game are comparable but Ryan is a much better percentage shooter from the line. I just don't see what we would be upgrading here, nothing about the guy is going to push us any further than what we have, he fixes none of our issues and I would bet he will get about the same amount of money since he is also having a break out year.

Ilyasova and Anderson are free agents at the same time.

If Anderson will demand top dollar, and you're trying to argue that Ilyasova is better than Anderson, then why wouldn't Ilyasova ALSO demand top dollar?

Ryan shoots 12 shots per game, Ersan only 9. So his average is lower, although in the last few games, his avg is close to 20 ppg.

Ersan doesnt have Dwight, so he doesnt get open looks from 3 point range. His current center is Drew Gooden, who even if guarded by Muggsy Bogues would probably still miss a 15 footer. Plus Ersan has more rebounds, blocks, steals and assists than Ryan despite playing 4 less minutes a game.

I think because he plays for the Bucks, his value is lower and Ryan's value is higher because Orlando has the 3rd best record in the East at the moment.

This presents an opportunity I think to get him on the cheap. Remember the contratc we gave Turk when we took him from the Spurs.

But should they both deamand the same top dollar money, I would go for Ersan, that's what I am trying to say.

I am just convinced that this guy would be much better for Orlando than Ryan is at the moment, giving his hustle and energy. Plus the dude shoots lights out and killed us when we played the Bucks in the last 3 games. I remeber him going up against 4 Orlando players (Dwight, Baby, Turk and J Rich) for am offensive rebound and wrestled the ball off all these 4 players and scored.