Sign in to follow this  
Optimist Prime

Player Appreciation Thread

Hey all, I just thought I'd give a place for everyone to talk about players who are doing well this season without the need for trade speculation.

So far, Tony Parker has been leading the Spurs almost inexplicably up the rankings, and has some how helped his team become a contender in the West WITHOUT Manu.

Nash has continued his brilliance, though his team's record is nowhere near ideal. He is showing that he still has a lot left in the tank and it will be interesting to see how he fairs in the second half of the season.

Dirk has finally come back to form, and is leading the Mavs on a comfortable win-streak in doing so. Finally, we are, once again, beginning to see the man who led his team to and through the Finals.

Josh Smith has a love-hate relationship with the stat sheet. When he's on, he's on. But, when he's off, he's off. If he could be more consistent in his play, the Hawks could actually pose a threat in the East, but until then, and without Horford, they are destined to be a first to second round exit.

Any other players catch your attention throughout the league?

Hey all, I just thought I'd give a place for everyone to talk about players who are doing well this season without the need for trade speculation.

So far, Tony Parker has been leading the Spurs almost inexplicably up the rankings, and has some how helped his team become a contender in the West WITHOUT Manu.

Nash has continued his brilliance, though his team's record is nowhere near ideal. He is showing that he still has a lot left in the tank and it will be interesting to see how he fairs in the second half of the season.

Dirk has finally come back to form, and is leading the Mavs on a comfortable win-streak in doing so. Finally, we are, once again, beginning to see the man who led his team to and through the Finals.

Josh Smith has a love-hate relationship with the stat sheet. When he's on, he's on. But, when he's off, he's off. If he could be more consistent in his play, the Hawks could actually pose a threat in the East, but until then, and without Horford, they are destined to be a first to second round exit.

Any other players catch your attention throughout the league?

I know there has already been plenty of talk of Lin. But he's my pick. What he can do for the Asian fan base now that Yao is gone is great for the sport. The fact that he doesn't seem fazed by all the attention he's getting and the storyline behind this kids' career is awesome. I hope he's got a bed now.

• Upvote 1

Kevin Freaking Love. Dude is playing MVP ball.

My only caveat on that statement is that he is putting up great numbers while not winning games. To be VALUABLE means to win games for your team in my book. Of course, I put Nash up in my list, and I will agree that Love is balling out of his mind right now. I just hope he can learn how to take his talents and use them to make his team better, and not just the stat sheet.

Kyle Lowry.... Though his stats are a little down at the moment he has been great this season. + Houston are in the playoff picture, which I do not think many of us would have thought be possible.