Sign in to follow this  
NameLess Scrub

Is there any hope the Heat won't win the 2012 Finals

I was thinking.. the Mavs went on to the finals last year and attacked the Heat with some smart coaching, zone defense, and solid overall play. It was one of the worst matchups the Heat could find.

As of now, it looks like the Thunder is the team to beat out of the West.

What will happen if the Thunder go to the finals? Would they matchup well with the Heat? Is Chicago essentially the same team as 2011 and will get beaten by the Heat again? Will the Mavs find a way to get out of the West on top?

Bottom line:

Will this be the first title for Lebron???

:panicworker: :panicworker: :panicworker: :panicworker:

Of course there is hope. Since Lebron has not proven he can lead a team to title, that hope will always exist. They are far from unbeatable.

While the Bulls essentially the same team, they gained experience last year. IMO, the Bulls have the best chance. Don't rule out the Celtics and while I might be a homer for writing this, but IF the Magic play like they have lately, they could knock them off as well. OKC has two things the HEat still do not really have in a PG and Center along with Durant, plus experience from last year as well.

I feel like ATL, 76ers and Pacers are frauds.

• Upvote 1

Magic is the dark horse team. IF Meer and J Rich can CONTINUE playing the way they are playing, we are the team to beat. The problem with the Magic has always been consistency. If we have our heads in the game -- we can beat any team because of Dwight AND dangerous shooting. IF Meer, Anderson, J Rich, Hedo and Wafer can attack the rim more, it will make us more dangerous.

Magic is the dark horse team. IF Meer and J Rich can CONTINUE playing the way they are playing, we are the team to beat. The problem with the Magic has always been consistency. If we have our heads in the game -- we can beat any team because of Dwight AND dangerous shooting. IF Meer, Anderson, J Rich, Hedo and Wafer can attack the rim more, it will make us more dangerous.

Wafer, is he still on the team? I understand he has limitations on D or whatever, but he is fun to watch. Wish he would be played more.

Meer's play is most important.

The teams passing has improved lately and they are attacking more (even if it is off the 3 point fake). This should cause teams to no longer be able to just worry about the 3.

I believe memphis will be up there this year when Randolph comes back. They certainly have the potential and went far without gay. When they are all fit they have all the pieces and a very good bench. We will know how good they are when randdolph comes back. I believe they will come out of the west this year.

I was thinking.. the Mavs went on to the finals last year and attacked the Heat with some smart coaching, zone defense, and solid overall play. It was one of the worst matchups the Heat could find.

What will happen if the Thunder go to the finals? Would they matchup well with the Heat? Is Chicago essentially the same team as 2011 and will get beaten by the Heat again? Will the Mavs find a way to get out of the West on top?

Bottom line:

I think OKC can beat the Heat in a best of 7. I think both teams have an even starting 5. Both defend well. But until I see Lebron step up in the 4th, I'll have a tough time seeing the King with a crown.

What will happen if the Thunder go to the finals? Would they matchup well with the Heat?

Possibly, but they'd still be the underdogs

Is Chicago essentially the same team as 2011 and will get beaten by the Heat again?

Yes

Will the Mavs find a way to get out of the West on top?

It's hard, but I hope so ;)

Bottom line:

Probably, I hope not, but I have the Heat winning the championship (better than the Bulls winning, though)

My answers in bold

Screw the Thunder, Bulls and Heat.

I'm hoping to god Dallas can do it once again. Or San Antonio for a 5th time. Both have coaches that can easily outcoach any of Brooks, Thibodeau or Spoelstra.

I also think Miami can be in huge trouble if they don't get 1st seed and potentially face Boston in the first round. You know, that Ray Allen dude can go off at any given time.

Thunder.

My disdain for the Heat (even pre-Bron) has been well-documented, and given that I thoroughly dislike Durant and Westbrook, I'm hoping Chicago can pull it out.

You dislike Durant? I think you are a Communist.

I think the only teams that could possibly beat the Heat are the Thunder and maybe the Mavs. The Heat have a ridiculous amount of talent on their roster. I just threw up in my mouth typing this.