Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

Jeremy Lin

Who cares? It's about time they put the marketing machine behind a player who relies upon skills and brains rather then strength and talent. And a player who's an overall nice guy instead of a grade a douche bag.

I don't have a problem with that and I didn't doubt his talent. He's already a star...but the media is blowing it wayyyy out of proportion. I've even seen it on CNN. There's no getting away from it...its getting annoying.

I don't have a problem with that and I didn't doubt his talent. He's already a star...but the media is blowing it wayyyy out of proportion. I've even seen it on CNN. There's no getting away from it...its getting annoying.

I don't disagree with you. But I think the NBA saw what "Tebowmania" did for the NFL and wants there own version. Guys like Lin and Tebow are players parents like to show their kids as role models. It may be over the top and annoying, but so was all the Micheal Vick and Kobe craziness. Between the two pairs if I have to choose who I'm gonna hear about, I'll take the good guys.

• Upvote 2

Saw this guy do an interview for NBA TV when he signed with the Warriors and have been cheering for him ever since. Watched his highlights from Harvard and was very impressed.

To be fair, nobody saw him coming. GSW and HOU both waived him, and the Knicks sent him to the DLeague. All knew he had potential but didn't think he could play the game right off the bat. Luckily for him, Knicks had key injuries that forced them to let him play.

As an Asian-American, myself, I am really happy to see him be a success and an overall good personality. Always credits his team and turns the focus away from him. Plays hard and doesn't give up. He will be a great role model for future basketball players and hopefully show the kids how much value HEART has in the game, and not just athelticism and in-your-face egotism.

• Upvote 1

Saw this guy do an interview for NBA TV when he signed with the Warriors and have been cheering for him ever since. Watched his highlights from Harvard and was very impressed.

To be fair, nobody saw him coming. GSW and HOU both waived him, and the Knicks sent him to the DLeague. All knew he had potential but didn't think he could play the game right off the bat. Luckily for him, Knicks had key injuries that forced them to let him play.

As an Asian-American, myself, I am really happy to see him be a success and an overall good personality. Always credits his team and turns the focus away from him. Plays hard and doesn't give up. He will be a great role model for future basketball players and hopefully show the kids how much value HEART has in the game, and not just athelticism and in-your-face egotism.

That said, didn't like Howard's comments about last night's win. Howard was complaining on foxsports about not getting the ball enough last night despite a comeback team win for the Magic. Don't need that ego. I wouldn't mind a trade of Stoudemire/Chandler/Lin and Howard/Hedo/Meer ... I wonder if that's possible...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like his post game comments. He continues his focus on the team and doesn't place the spotlight on himself. That's a very unselfish quality.

• Upvote 2

That said, didn't like Howard's comments about last night's win. Howard was complaining on foxsports about not getting the ball enough last night despite a comeback team win for the Magic. Don't need that ego. I wouldn't mind a trade of Stoudemire/Chandler/Lin and Howard/Hedo/Meer ... I wonder if that's possible...

He should be complaining. He's our best player and he doesn't get nearly enough attempts from the floor.

I don't mind the attention Lin is getting. Unlike Tebow, this kid came out of nowhere and is getting attention because of the way he is playing. The only thing he has in common with Tebow is both of them seem to be nice kids.

Gotta love the kid. I'm almost a Knicks fan now.

The moment he turned to focus to jared jeff after the Lakers win you know you're dealing with some humbleness... lol j/k

I just wish he was wearing blue and white.

He should be complaining. He's our best player and he doesn't get nearly enough attempts from the floor.

I don't mind the attention Lin is getting. Unlike Tebow, this kid came out of nowhere and is getting attention because of the way he is playing. The only thing he has in common with Tebow is both of them seem to be nice kids.

Until he gets above 50% free throws he is a black hole in crunch time... we can't trade 2 or 3 for 0-1 each time down the court... plus you have those frustrating TOs when other teams foul/strip him and there's no call. If we give him the ball more he'll be out faster with techs. We are saving him $$$ by not getting him the ball :D

Until he gets above 50% free throws he is a black hole in crunch time... we can't trade 2 or 3 for 0-1 each time down the court... plus you have those frustrating TOs when other teams foul/strip him and there's no call. If we give him the ball more he'll be out faster with techs. We are saving him $$$ by not getting him the ball :D

What's with the bold font?

I would be surprised if his free throw percentage doesn't improve to around his career average before the season is over. I'll also take Dwight shooting free throws over Turk dominating the ball. I've seen enough of that for one lifetime.

I don't disagree with you. But I think the NBA saw what "Tebowmania" did for the NFL and wants there own version. Guys like Lin and Tebow are players parents like to show their kids as role models. It may be over the top and annoying, but so was all the Micheal Vick and Kobe craziness. Between the two pairs if I have to choose who I'm gonna hear about, I'll take the good guys.

A dog killer and an accused rapist or a hardcore christian and a Harvard grad. Hmmm.