Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

Jeremy Lin

That said, didn't like Howard's comments about last night's win. Howard was complaining on foxsports about not getting the ball enough last night despite a comeback team win for the Magic. Don't need that ego. I wouldn't mind a trade of Stoudemire/Chandler/Lin and Howard/Hedo/Meer ... I wonder if that's possible...

If that were the case, Amare would prob give us about the same amount of grief, but NY would teach Dwight the meaning of humble.

If he starts the crying over there, he'll see how many of his fans turn their back.

This is what Floyd Mayweather had to say

Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise
  • Upvote 1

Yeah Floyd is just being a typical douche. Lin actually has done something no one has done before, coming from the D-League and relative obscurity and just going insane in 5 straight games. Yes is he probably getting a bit more hype because he is of asian decent (decent, not birth)? Sure probably. But this would have been just as big of a story if any black player had done it too.

Heck half the reason it is a huge story is mainly because it is happening in New York, the biggest media market in the world, while at the same time right when one of the most dysfunctional organizations needed it.

• Upvote 2

I don't disagree with you. But I think the NBA saw what "Tebowmania" did for the NFL and wants there own version. Guys like Lin and Tebow are players parents like to show their kids as role models. It may be over the top and annoying, but so was all the Micheal Vick and Kobe craziness. Between the two pairs if I have to choose who I'm gonna hear about, I'll take the good guys.

I hate the Tebow comparison, Lin can actually play his sport. Lin is more Victor Cruz than anyone. Cruz was a one star player coming out of high school, undrafted out of college, and now a beast in the NFL.

Yeah Floyd is just being a typical douche. Lin actually has done something no one has done before, coming from the D-League and relative obscurity and just going insane in 5 straight games. Yes is he probably getting a bit more hype because he is of asian decent (decent, not birth)? Sure probably. But this would have been just as big of a story if any black player had done it too.

Heck half the reason it is a huge story is mainly because it is happening in New York, the biggest media market in the world, while at the same time right when one of the most dysfunctional organizations needed it.

I know NFL is different, but Cadillac Williams in his rookie season had more than yards than anyone in the history in his 1st 3 games. Do you think the NBA would do something like that with Lins sneakers? This is some pretty amazing stuff we're watching.