Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Super Bowl 46?

I find it funny that ESPN now wants me to believe Eli Manning is the greatest thing ever. I guess that's what happens when people like Kordell Stewart "analyze" for your network.

I find it funny that ESPN now wants me to believe Eli Manning is the greatest thing ever. I guess that's what happens when people like Kordell Stewart "analyze" for your network.

He has an extremely underrated group of receivers.

He has an extremely underrated group of receivers.

He's had a great team almost his entire career. Many people want to say he's better than his brother now, but his brother would have a hand full of rings if he played for that team. When evaluating QBs, people conveniently leave out how good the rest of the team is. And it's almost as if Eli Manning didn't throw 25 INTs last year. People are stupid.

Rings can't be the be-all and end-all in a team sport when the teams in question aren't equal.

It was a pretty good game, but I'll never feel as excited for an American Football game as I would for an important MMA fight, Soccer game or NBA game

He's had a great team almost his entire career. Many people want to say he's better than his brother now, but his brother would have a hand full of rings if he played for that team. When evaluating QBs, people conveniently leave out how good the rest of the team is. And it's almost as if Eli Manning didn't throw 25 INTs last year. People are stupid.

Rings can't be the be-all and end-all in a team sport when the teams in question aren't equal.

As a Giant fan and someone who's watched almost every game of Eli's career, I like to think I've got a pretty good idea how to rate him.

You can't discount his super bowl wins anymore than you can discount Brady's first superbowl for having a great team around him. He definitely made amazing plays in this superbowl and throughout the playoffs that most quarterbacks can not make.

Is Eli suddenly a better QB than Payton? No, but he has enough of his career left to potentially be better. I think if he plateus around this level of play for a couple more seasons you could argue that he's one of the most clutch qb's of all time.

Is he suddenly more talented than Brady, Rodgers and Brees? No, but his level of success in the two superbowl postseasons show that he should generally be in that conversation.

I think its fair to compare him to John Elway and I think he's better than Troy Aikman.

As a Giant fan and someone who's watched almost every game of Eli's career, I like to think I've got a pretty good idea how to rate him.

You can't discount his super bowl wins anymore than you can discount Brady's first superbowl for having a great team around him. He definitely made amazing plays in this superbowl and throughout the playoffs that most quarterbacks can not make.

Is Eli suddenly a better QB than Payton? No, but he has enough of his career left to potentially be better. I think if he plateus around this level of play for a couple more seasons you could argue that he's one of the most clutch qb's of all time.

Is he suddenly more talented than Brady, Rodgers and Brees? No, but his level of success in the two superbowl postseasons show that he should generally be in that conversation.

I think its fair to compare him to John Elway and I think he's better than Troy Aikman.

I was speaking in the context of people already anointing him, especially in regards to being better than Peyton. One good season doesn't erase a body of work that's been spotty at best. Yes, he has much more football left, but he could just as easily revert back to being inconsistent, which would make people look dumber than they do now.

The same people praising him now are the same people who were ripping him after a 25 INT season, and the same people ripping him THIS year when he said he thought he was elite before the season started. It wasn't too long ago that the Giants were 7-7 and in danger of falling apart again.

I just think it's absurd to propel him in front of guys who have consistently been great for basically their entire careers. I maintain what I said earlier: if Peyton played for the Giants, he'd have a hand of Super Bowl rings. IMO, that's the huge flaw in putting so much stock in championships when evaluating the legacy of an individual within a team sport.

I was speaking in the context of people already anointing him, especially in regards to being better than Peyton. One good season doesn't erase a body of work that's been spotty at best. Yes, he has much more football left, but he could just as easily revert back to being inconsistent, which would make people look dumber than they do now.

The same people praising him now are the same people who were ripping him after a 25 INT season, and the same people ripping him THIS year when he said he thought he was elite before the season started. It wasn't too long ago that the Giants were 7-7 and in danger of falling apart again.

I just think it's absurd to propel him in front of guys who have consistently been great for basically their entire careers. I maintain what I said earlier: if Peyton played for the Giants, he'd have a hand of Super Bowl rings. IMO, that's the huge flaw in putting so much stock in championships when evaluating the legacy of an individual within a team sport.

The media goes crazy with their hierarchy of players that changes from year to year. How often have we gone from Manning to Brady to Manning to Brady as who might be the best QB OF ALL TIME! Now Eli is better than Peyton who in 2007 was considered the GOAT. Doesn't make sense. The rhetoric changes all of the time though. Remember when Kobe "couldn't lead a team" and "wasn't good enough to win without shaq"? All of that talk ended pretty quickly.

this giants team was pretty bad this year. Good defensive line, good QB play, good WR. Terrible O-line, bad RB (this year), average TEs, Terrible LBs, No corner depth, No safety depth.

Lost their starting left tackle, backup left tackle, Starting MLB, #2 corner, #5 corner, #6 corner, #7 corner, backup WLB, and #2 draft pick before the season even started to IR.

Lost their #4 corner (and #1 pick) for 10 weeks.

Guys just stepped up at the right times. Eli carried this team this year. He didn't have 8 game winning 4th quarter drives for nothing.

I'm with Berto here. I don't see in any way how Wes Welker dropping a ball makes Eli better than Drew Brees. Which I understand is not what you were saying L4TW, but ESPN is sure as hell trying to.