Sign in to follow this  
mick

Whats the deal with Nenad Kristic and Andrei Kirilenko

Does anyone know if they have opt-out clauses in their contracts at CSKA Moscow. I was asking cause they are half decent players and i am wondering why they are still in europe now that the lockout is over. Aside from reddick and probably clark our bench is pathetic and it would be good if the magic went after either or both to come off the bench.

I don't know if they have opt-out clauses or not but I believe both of them are playing in Europe because they want to play in Europe.

thanks for your response but it doesnt really answer my question. The ultimate goal of almost all professional basketball players is to play in the nba. The ones that play outside are the players that cant make it. Kristic and Kirilenko are still decent players and the decent ones that played abroad during the lockout have all comeback. The only one i can think of that's notable besides the above two was kenyon martin and i think he had no-opt out clause. I read the nba news on a daily basis and have yet to hear anything about these two. If they do have opt out clauses does anyone know if they will be free agents or do they have to go back to their respective teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow. Its so hard to find players with that kind of integrity. He has only been with the club for 6 months and he is so loyal to them. I wish dwight would take a lesson from this guy. We built the amway for him and thats still not enough. Thanks for your replies

Wow. Its so hard to find players with that kind of integrity. He has only been with the club for 6 months and he is so loyal to them. I wish dwight would take a lesson from this guy. We built the amway for him and thats still not enough. Thanks for your replies

It's really not that far fetched. Both of them have played in the NBA and made millions doing so. They are also making very good money playing basketball in FIBA. It makes sense that financially set basketball players would prefer playing close to home rather than playing thousands of miles away. Kristic has already opted to play overseas once before and then was convinced to return to the NBA.

It is when i am sure they are making almost 50 percent less than they would in the nba. In soccer players do wanna go home and play im their home countries but that mostly occurs to those playing in the bad dull weather of england. Who would wanna trade the good weather for the most part of america for the freezing cold conditions of russia and take a paycut? How many nba players do you know were willing to take a significant paycut when they know they can get alot more?

There are rumours though that Kirilenko is going to comeback to the Nba. If thats true then i guess he is not that honourable. I heard New Jersey were going at him hard. Since i found out he is a free agent the magic should make a big play for him. He is a quality player and if we trade ryno and extras to pheonix for nash he would be even more valuable to us. We know hedo and nash dont go well with eachother so i would start kirilenko with nash and put hedo on the bench. He is very good at defending as well so help makeup for nashes inabolity to defend.