Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

Replace Dwight/Hedo with Bynum/Gasol, where do we rank?

I think we'd be just as good if we made this trade, which, for the record, is the one I would want the most out of all the trade scenarios that have been brought up. We can get Bynum and Gasol and use our MLE on a player like Wilson Chandler when he's eligible to come back. That would put us at Nelson/J-Rich/Chandler/Gasol/Bynum. That's a very good and very deep starting 5.

Bynum has injury concerns, I know, but he has a team option for next year, so if he doesn't work, he just goes in free agency and we slide Gasol down to the 5 for the next couple of years until his contract is up and then we start over.

A scenario that also intrigues me is the New York scenario. I doubt this has any legs, but hey. We're talking in hypothetical, so why not? I know Amar'e is a bit injury prone, but he can use his speed and get past many of the centers in the league if we choose to play him there alongside Anderson.

Then, of course, is the idea of letting him walk. I don't think ownership will let this fly for two reasons. 1.) DeVos isn't getting any younger. He wants to see SOMETHING before he dies, I'm sure. I don't necessarily agree with us going after vets for Dwight, but it wouldn't surprise me. 2.) Like it or not, we have that cloud of Shaq hanging over us. I'm sure there would be some ugly media backlash of us "making the same mistake twice" or something.

Then he could even opt into the last year of his deal like Chris Paul did when he got traded to the Clippers. He would give it one more year to see if the roster is to his liking. I wouldn't like him holding the franchise hostage, but it would show he's at least open to possibly staying.

I see Dwight being traded before the deadline, but I think it will be a last resort. I fully believe management will try to make trades to better the team before they explore trades for Dwight.

Considering the way we are playing right now, the potential in a shortened season, the owner willingness to spend in order to build a better team around him, a supporting cast that is performing better than expected and the role of leader he currently has, he MUST have second thoughts about this whole trade idea. he MUST.

Considering the way we are playing right now, the potential in a shortened season, the owner willingness to spend in order to build a better team around him, a supporting cast that is performing better than expected and the role of leader he currently has, he MUST have second thoughts about this whole trade idea. he MUST.

http://tampabay.sbnation.com/2012/1/9/2695017/nba-rumors-dwight-howard-trade-orlando-magic

Well it's only been 3 days since his last "trade demand still stands".

Assuming its really about 'winning'.

Even though a Howard for Gasol and Bynum might look good on paper, having Gasol would set back Ryans development and then what do you do with Big Baby? If that trade were made I would see if I can pry Andre Iguodala and either Evan Turner, Jodie Meeks, or Thadeous Young for Gasol and Jameer. That way you have a defensive wing player to go along with Bynum. I'm not sure how that works out cap wise but at least now you have a young energetic team that is one superstar away from legitimately contending (barring knee injuries to Bynum).

I think that team would be a 44 win team or so in a full season, could maybe get past the first depending on matchups.

I'd still rather LA move Gasol to a 3rd team for assets than bring him here.

I think that team would be a 44 win team or so in a full season, could maybe get past the first depending on matchups.

I'd still rather LA move Gasol to a 3rd team for assets than bring him here.

Like Houston for Martin and Scola. Try a similar deal to what New Orleans wanted for Paul. Getting Bynum, Martin, and Scola would be a great haul for Dwight.