Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

2012 NBA Major Injuries

I have said this before the season, that the NBA might have alot of injured players due to the short camps and lack of off season conditioning. Much like the NFL season, where we have seen stars go down and take their team with them, I anticipate the same thing to happen within the NBA. This will be a very untypical year, where I believe the healthiest teams will be the ones left standing looking at the chance to win a Championship.

To keep this list of current and future hurt players consolidated, I would like for everyone to add any injury news from around the league in this thread.

To kick this bad boy off, lets talk about who is already has suffered a season ending injury:

Boston Celtics - Jeff Green (Heart Condition)

Memphis Grizz - Darrell Aurthur (Achilles)

Oklahoma - Eric Maynor (Knee)

Guys out until AT LEAST February:

Memphis Grizzlies - Zach Randolph (knee)

New york Knicks - Baron Davis (back)

New Jersey Nets - Brook Lopez (foot)

Sacramento Kings - Chuck Hayes (shoulder)

New Orleans Hornets - Aaron Gray (heart condition)

Washington Wizards - Ronny Turiaf (hand)

San Antonio Spurs - Manu Ginobili (hand)

Minnesota Timberwolves - Malcolm Lee (knee)

Atlanta Hawks - Kirk Hinrich (shoulder)

Jeff Green really has a messed up injury :(

It's really sad when that happens to athletes (or anyone for that matter)

It reminds me of that movie Final Shot: The Hank Gathers Story. Ofcourse Jeff is still alive, but he could of ended up like Reggie Lewis, who also suffered the same fate as Hank... (heart failure).

Not season ending, but I have to add D Wades foot injury. Plantar fascitis (not sure of the spelling) is nothing to laugh at. I've had it before in both feet, and it takes a long time to get better. My left foot even needed surgery. I know he has the best doctors and trainers, etc., but this could keep him in and out of the line up for the season (esp in this shorten compact season).

Not season ending, but I have to add D Wades foot injury. Plantar fascitis (not sure of the spelling) is nothing to laugh at. I've had it before in both feet, and it takes a long time to get better. My left foot even needed surgery. I know he has the best doctors and trainers, etc., but this could keep him in and out of the line up for the season (esp in this shorten compact season).

Wade just super tweaked his ankle. I think its going to be a sprain.

Damn.

We may get 1st seed lol (knocks on wood)

I had that two in both feet (at same time, one then the other a couple weeks later). But I decided to still play with weeks off inbetween (came back to early everytime). Last 6-8 months before it was finally fully healed. I do not wish that on anyone as it is very painful.