Sunbaked

Von Wafer

Von Wafer  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should Von Wafer be playing more?

Yes I think he should be getting more minutes. He has a knack to get to the rim... he constantly attacks and collapses the defense, which is refreshing

svg doesnt trust his defense.

svg made comment after bulls game saying he was talking with coaches about different rotations and that so many of the starters are shooters/cause the ball to stick and was considering esperimenting with a diff lineup, i think he was talking about wafer

then he said after game tonight he was gonna bring wafer in earlier anyways, despite foul trouble.

he also mentioned that he is gonna start changing things up a bit because he can't take the team through this schedule with an 8/9 guy rotation

one thing about svg that bugs me is his reluctance to take small risks like playing some more of our bench guys, especially in a short season like this where minutes and and chemistry are probably going to be all whacky anyways. I feel like all the time it's his MO to let those type of guys ride the bench like for years, while I feel like I'm always seeing other teams benefit from giving a young/bench guy a chance to ball his ass off and prove himself and become a "piece"...I'm sure i'm just imaging it tho.

His team defense is awful. Spotted many a fuk ups last night by him. But he does have skills and speed on the O end. Let him have Duhon's mins but use Redick as primary pg back up.

Neither Turk nor Redick can play point guard. Both are merely effective as secondary ball-handlers.

And Duhon can? I would much prefer to not have a PG on the floor and have either/or Redick and Turk on the court than have Duhon.

• Upvote 2

At this point, I'm convinced people hate on Duhon because it's trendy.

Duhon is averaging 6.8/2.6/5.6 on decent percentages per36 with good defense. That's not that bad for a backup point guard. Yes, he's overpaid, but so is Hedo. So is JJ. So are lots of players.

But seriously, Duhon is putting up far better numbers than any backup point guard we've had since Arroyo, and I'd much rather have Duhon's infinitely superior defense over Arroyo's additional scoring. Especially since most of Arroyo's additional scoring came from inefficient chucking.

• Upvote 1