Sign in to follow this  
jareck80

Jameer = liability

From a guy who had high hopes for Jameer this year and who has supported him for a while... He's playing like ****.

But to say he plays best when he has a good backup to pressure him is just absurd. His two best statistical years are when he was the sixth man and when Anthony Johnson was his backup.

He's got no excuse this year other than maybe he's being affected by the Dwight stuff. And if that's the case, it's sad.

'Meer's one of my favorite players on this team, but I always thought of him as an amazing player off the bench. As a sixth man? Jameer would KILL the league. As the main guy? He's not quite good enough. Pains me to say that, but it's true.

Of course, the question is: who could we replace him with? That's the problem. So Jameer's our guy until some PG demands a trade to Orlando.

• Upvote 1

'Meer's one of my favorite players on this team, but I always thought of him as an amazing player off the bench. As a sixth man? Jameer would KILL the league. As the main guy? He's not quite good enough. Pains me to say that, but it's true.

Of course, the question is: who could we replace him with? That's the problem. So Jameer's our guy until some PG demands a trade to Orlando.

This. Every time someone complains about Jameer I ask the same thing who are you going to replace him with that would be an upgrade? Is he Chris Paul hell no but unless you know of some way to force another team to give up a better PG then you live with his limitations.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Who should we replace him with? Let me reply with the most obvious answer... Anyone in the league. Not named duhon. The fact that the most critical two positions to have studs at and we have. Zero starters at those positions when Dwight leaves. The fact we have no backup center, 6 average sgs and zero both long and short term says it all. Maybe Otis should try and find a young pg with potential but knowing him he will bring back Vince to bolster our sg position.

Who should we replace him with? Let me reply with the most obvious answer... Anyone in the league. Not named duhon. The fact that the most critical two positions to have studs at and we have. Zero starters at those positions when Dwight leaves. The fact we have no backup center, 6 average sgs and zero both long and short term says it all. Maybe Otis should try and find a young pg with potential but knowing him he will bring back Vince to bolster our sg position.

Gee that was insightful.

Seems to me that we could use a top tier SG or SF more so than a PG. History would seem to support that the PG position is not one of the two critical positions as you claim.

• Upvote 1

A good pg in a system is very essential particularly on our team. What good is a pg if he dribbles and passes behind the 3 point line? He does that alll the time and it drive me crazy. A pg should penetrate and put pressure on the defense. Jameer does not play D, hes shooting like garbage including missing layups, he is not a great passer or rebounder. Right now he just Sucks as a starter. He is inconsitent. There are lots of other pgs that are better than him and coming off the bench. Jj Barea is better and comes off the bench, jason terry, etc. i dont think we shoudl trade jameer he just should come off the bench. If he is really a team player he wouldnt have a problem with that. Heck if he was a team player he would have decided he didnt have it during e nba finals and let Rafer and johnson play the series. They got us there anyway.

Just moniter this and its true every time wi th the magic. When our pg plays well we simply win or look like a great team. Its that simple so must look at that. Playing good doesnt mean 6 pts 3 assists and a few rebounds. 6 sssist is good for nelson and thats bad for a starting pg in my opinion. That should be a low number for him.

Otis and stan are killing me. Why cant they see this is an issue. Otis let guards like chauncey sign when we could haeve got him for cheap on the amnesty. Stan just comtinues playing sucky jMeer when he needs to b on the bench at times. I never thought id say this bc i think duhon sucks but duhon is playing better ball than jameer straight up. In fact duhon is stepping his sucky game up a bit.

Sorry for some errors got tired of typing on this ipad. I hate typing on it.

Although I agree with that history hasn't shown that great PG's are necessary to win championships, our team looks SO MUCH BETTER when our PG spot performs well.

When Jameer performs well, our whole team looks totally different. I dunno, I kinda support switching it up. Whatever makes our team better. Watching Nash set up Gortat for easy looks tonight made me cry inside. This guy (Nash) would change the whole culture of our offense.

Seems to me that we could use a top tier SG or SF more so than a PG. History would seem to support that the PG position is not one of the two critical positions as you claim.

We've known that for years. But a top tier PG makes everyone on the team better.

The said part about it is Smith has failed to find a solution to the 2 postions that are easiest to fill on the court.

A good pg in a system is very essential particularly on our team. What good is a pg if he dribbles and passes behind the 3 point line? He does that alll the time and it drive me crazy. A pg should penetrate and put pressure on the defense. Jameer does not play D, hes shooting like garbage including missing layups, he is not a great passer or rebounder. Right now he just Sucks as a starter. He is inconsitent. There are lots of other pgs that are better than him and coming off the bench. Jj Barea is better and comes off the bench, jason terry, etc. i dont think we shoudl trade jameer he just should come off the bench. If he is really a team player he wouldnt have a problem with that. Heck if he was a team player he would have decided he didnt have it during e nba finals and let Rafer and johnson play the series. They got us there anyway.

Just moniter this and its true every time wi th the magic. When our pg plays well we simply win or look like a great team. Its that simple so must look at that. Playing good doesnt mean 6 pts 3 assists and a few rebounds. 6 sssist is good for nelson and thats bad for a starting pg in my opinion. That should be a low number for him.

Otis and stan are killing me. Why cant they see this is an issue. Otis let guards like chauncey sign when we could haeve got him for cheap on the amnesty. Stan just comtinues playing sucky jMeer when he needs to b on the bench at times. I never thought id say this bc i think duhon sucks but duhon is playing better ball than jameer straight up. In fact duhon is stepping his sucky game up a bit.

Sorry for some errors got tired of typing on this ipad. I hate typing on it.

I guess Westbrook isn't a good PG either, since he averages fewer assists than Jameer and more turnovers, heck, Deron Williams has a lower assist to turnover ratio, I guess he isn't any good. Six assists is pretty good for our offensive system.

Also, we had no chance to get Billups off of amnesty because we weren't even permitted by league rules to put a bid in for his services.

• Upvote 1