Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

2012 Election thread

In response to your marginal response to something that doesn't really have anything to do with your original point that I responded to:

It makes sense that that post, assuming you mean the post to H4TW, seemingly had nothing to do with my original post, because it had nothing to do with my original post. Hell, my second post about Paul wasn't even directed at you, so I'm not sure why you felt I was obligated to keep them related and, what, thematically consistent? I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make here.

And if you mean the post where I mentioned Paul saying the US should consider filing for bankruptcy, that post was in response to your post. You attempted to create a false dichotomy that a 5 year old could have seen through. So I gave you the answer you deserved. If you'd like to know what I actually think of other candidates, I'm happy to tell you. But you'll have to actually ask the question, rather than just acting out every negative stereotype people have about Ron Paul fans on the internet.

As for my post about the 50s boom, the truth is that any commentary on the sustained post-WW2 economic boom that DOESN'T acknowledge that the soldiers were coming home to a massive blue-collar worker shortage created by the near-complete destruction of the industrial capacities of France, England, Germany, Italy, Japan and China, and that the world had little choice but to buy everything from us for the next twenty years, is one that is incomplete at best and intellectually dishonest at worst.

For that matter, it's also worth acknowledging that, at least in the US, that boom was kick-started by WW2 itself: the largest government works project in human history.

And just for you DOM, so you don't kill yourself tonight, I left a typo. Can you find it before the box cutters?

It actually kind of shocks me that you would write this.

Not because I'm surprised that someone would make a suicide joke on the internet, mind you; I'm just surprised that someone would write this and direct it at me, while simultaneously complaining that I'm too arrogant, condescending, and a hypocrite.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't know if he can recover from the attack advertisement from Romney's PACs. Its going to be fun to watch them throwing jabs at each other now. Also, McCain endorsing Romney, that's just straight up hilarious

Newt was never a serious candidate. He was merely one of several people to get the brief "not-Romney" bump. It's a weird boom/bust thing with fringe players.

If anything, Romney is the one benefiting most from that, since it's keeping the fringe from rallying behind one candidate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know **** about politics and I'm not really trying to change that fact.

I just hope that whatever happens is the best for America because it's a country I like pretty much for its culture, comedy, sports, etc.

I don't know **** about politics and I'm not really trying to change that fact.

I just hope that whatever happens is the best for America because it's a country I like pretty much for its culture, comedy, sports, etc.

Rest assured, whatever ends up happening will be anything but the best for America.

• Upvote 1

Rest assured, whatever ends up happening will be anything but the best for America.

Truer words have never been spoken about American politics.

People may vote to get some special interest in the spotlight, but whatever happens, the overall picture will be a net negative outcome.

"I will insist on a military so powerful, no one will ever think of challenging it" - Mitt Romney at his victory speech last night.

Holy ****.

I get why a Republican candidate would make a statement like that, but jesus christ: put it back in your *****ing pants. It's that kind of dick-swinging jingoism that makes the rest of the world think Americans are stupid assholes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"I will insist on a military so powerful, no one will ever think of challenging it" - Mitt Romney at his victory speech last night.

Holy ****.

I get why a Republican candidate would make a statement like that, but jesus christ: put it back in your *****ing pants. It's that kind of dick-swinging jingoism that makes the rest of the world think Americans are stupid assholes.

If the prime minister of Iran had said that it would have been considered very inflammatory and a cause for alarm. Fox news would bring in every US retired general they could find to discuss the story for a solid week.

Holy ****.

This is the main reason why I support Ron Paul. He is the only major candidate that is actually committed to peace.