Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

2012 Election thread

Post your election thoughts here.

In the news: Romney wins the Iowa Caucus by 8 votes, Bachmann is likely dropping out as I write this, and apparently Rick Santorum has a career again.

May 25th Edit: I've asked for, and been granted, permission from the MODs of this forum to function as the de-facto MOD of this thread.

I want this thread to be an open space for sharing of ideas for anyone, regardless of where they fall on the political spectrum.

However, obvious and juvenile flamebaiting has no place in any legitimate discussion of anything. If you want to discuss things freely, you're welcome to, and if you want to ask questions from the opposing side, you're welcome to do that as well. However, obvious flaming and trolling will not be tolerated. You'll get one warning, and then you're done from the thread.<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Post away.

Post your election thoughts here.

In the news: Romney wins the Iowa Caucus by 8 votes, Bachmann is likely dropping out as I write this, and apparently Rick Santorum has a career again.

People like Santorum always make a run in Iowa. He'll go back to being where he was before: nowhere.

Newt was the flavor of the month like Cain, Perry and Bachmann before him, because no one actually likes Mitt Romney.

Romney vs Obama

Obama likely gets re-elected.

my thoughts:

all major candidates suck and do not represent me

we vote in someone I don't like

the end

• Upvote 1

Supporting Ron Paul has always struck me as saying, in essence: "My heart is in the right place, but holy ****, I'm stupid."

Pretty much. I'll give him credit for sticking to his positions and going against the crowd but man are some of his policies, particularly economics, just flat out dumb.

Pretty much. I'll give him credit for sticking to his positions and going against the crowd but man are some of his policies, particularly economics, just flat out dumb.

I give you credit for your positions regarding candidates, but your ideas, particularly about their economic concepts are flat out dumb.

• Downvote 1

Supporting Ron Paul has always struck me as saying, in essence: "My heart is in the right place, but holy ****, I'm stupid."

Out of curiosity, which candidate can someone support that make you think in some portion, "Holy ****, that person is sooooo smart."

I'd love to hear this one.

Out of curiosity, which candidate can someone support that make you think in some portion, "Holy ****, that person is sooooo smart."

I'd love to hear this one.

Whichever one doesn't suggest that the US should deal with it's national debt issue by filing for bankruptcy.

At this point, an empty suit or a trained monkey would beat Obama, no President has ever won reelection with numbers this bad (unemployment, approval, debt spending rate)

Consequently the Republicans have both an empty suit(Romney) and a trained monkey (Perry) running. This one's in the bag.

People like Santorum always make a run in Iowa. He'll go back to being where he was before: nowhere.

Newt was the flavor of the month like Cain, Perry and Bachmann before him, because no one actually likes Mitt Romney.

Romney vs Obama

Obama likely gets re-elected.

Obama was the clear winner of the Iowa Caucus.

Romney is almost certainly going to get the eventual nomination, but a big win in Iowa would have consolidated his position, and he could have started saving money to go after Obama after he's nominated. The longer the nomination race goes, the more money he has to spend on it.

Meanwhile, Obama gets to spend all that time fundraising and just generally being the president on TV, while Romney is stuck with the other Republican candidates throwing **** at each other.