Sign in to follow this  
Hanaway

Andrew Bynum's 1st game = 29 pts / 13 reb / 2 blk / 72% FG

http://www.nba.com/games/20111231/DENLAL/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100050#nbaGIboxscore&ls=iref:nbahpt1&ls=iref:nbahpt1

Don't know if anyone else watched the game, but it was a pretty good close game.

Bynum was impressive for only 31 minutes.

29 points

13 rebounds

6 offensive rebs

2 blocks

13-18 from the field

3-3 freethrow

He was clutch in both defense and offense in the 4th and his foot work is still years ahead of Dwight.

there's no doubt about his talent. Concern has always been the health.

then again, if he could stay on the court, maybe LA wouldn't be trying to pry Dwight away from us.

Cool, so the Lakers don't need Dwight then.

Good call. Hopefully not.

Bynum's 2nd game:

18 points / 16 rebounds @ 58% shooting in only 28 minutes. Not bad for a 3rd option.

It'd be interesting.. If Bynum stays healthy in LA and DWill books it from Brooklyn, the only option left is Dallas. And they don't seem to be doing so well. Not to mention, they don't have many years left in their first, I don't know, 5 scoring options (Dirk, Terry, Kidd, Carter, Marion) who are all on the wrong side of 30. What an interesting saga this turned out to be. It will make the season a bit more intriguing, for sure.

As said earlier, there is no doubting Bynum's talent. I dare say that if he did not have to deal with all these injuries, while at the same time living in the shadow of offensive games that were Kobe, Odom, and Gasol, Bynum just may have developed into a top ten NBA player if a team had given him the same opportunities given to him that other young stars were. I really think that a healthy Bynum can be one of the better players in the game.

The problem is, he is NOT healthy, and all past history points to him NEVER being healthy. The dude has only played a full year once in his entire career, and is only 23 years old. Outside of that one year, he has never played more then 3 quarters of a season. He has had multiple knee injuries to both knees. This is not just a red flag. This a gigantic flashing LED sign the size of the great wall of china lit up to spell "DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!"

If the Lakers offered Bynum and he had played multiple years healthy and never once got hurt, I would take the trade in a heartbeat if Dwight continued to decline to resign. But, the thing is, if Bynum was healthy, I have the sneaking suspision the Lakers never would offer him.

Byumsumnewknees should be good for 7-10 more games before one of his knees go again. The only way I would even consider taking him in a Dwight trade is if someone else came with him that can slide to Center WHEN his knees go again. That being said I think Dwight is starting to get excited about this team and may just hang around.

Betting is open, which will give out first, Bynum's knees or his brain?

LOL amusement

he's balling so far good on him and the Lakers