Sign in to follow this  
For the love of the game

Season predictions

I can see us being third seed or below... not edging out the Bulls, though.

I'm going with OKC vs Heat in the finals, Heat choke.

I can see us being third seed or below... not edging out the Bulls, though.

I'm going with OKC vs Heat in the finals, Heat choke.

Have you seen the bulls play just because you and espn see Derrick Rose is on the team they overrate everything and last year they said Lakers vs Heat in finals dosnt mean its going to happen anything could happen

EAST:

1. Miami

2. Chicago

3. Orlando

4. Boston

5. Atlanta

6. New York (I'm just not feeling it)

7. Indiana

8. Philadelphia

WEST:

1. Oklahoma City (pretty much by default)

2. San Antonio

3. Los Angeles Lakers

4. Dallas

5. Los Angeles Clippers

6. Portland

7. Memphis

8. Denver

Best non-playoff team: Houston.

Bold Predictions: Orlando makes the Eastern Conference Finals, and Memphis beats the poor Spurs in the first round again.

Miami-OKC Final. Unfortunately, Miami wins a really screwy season in 6 games. Durant and Westbrook have a spat. *cue Star Wars evil Empire music*

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am really not sold on the Bulls. Noah is decent, Boozer ok (overrated), Rose great, but then who? Hamilton has to be 40 and they are relying on him at SG (they cut Bogans who at least played decent D).

If we finish third we could play them in the 2nd round, which I feel we could win.

East finals are possible.

Agree the Heat are the team to beat in the east (but again I go back to my orginal post that James has to prove he win big games). Even if they win it all this year, they have not 4, not 5, not 6 (championships)....

Agree the Heat are the team to beat in the east (but again I go back to my orginal post that James has to prove he win big games). Even if they win it all this year, they have not 4, not 5, not 6 (championships)....

I really don't like our chances against Miami in the playoffs. Yeah, we squeaked away with a win in the preseason, but that was preseason. We've shown so far that we just can't keep a competitive game with them for the most part; we're always down by 20 or so at some point. Our 3's aren't going to bail us out all the time, especially with the way their defense is going to be set in the playoffs. Their wing defenders are going to stay with our shooters and let Dwight have his way if need be. The problem is, they are so athletic, that they could still technically double howard and make it back to our shooters, which is a scary thought.

It also doesn't hurt that Lebron cant freaking miss against us.

We desperately need another superstar in order to compete with them, in my opinion.

Have you seen the bulls play just because you and espn see Derrick Rose is on the team they overrate everything and last year they said Lakers vs Heat in finals dosnt mean its going to happen anything could happen

Or I just actually think that the Bulls are better than us. Not everyone bases their opinions solely on ESPN.

Or I just actually think that the Bulls are better than us. Not everyone bases their opinions solely on ESPN.

I am wondering if, with this year being compacted so much, that team depth will play a bigger role than a normal year. If it does play a bigger role, the Magics depth could help them beat a better team in the playoffs.

I also like the fact that they did not make dramatic changes in the roster this year. I am of the belief that if the Magic would have kept the core group of players,that team could have made another run (with Finals experiance). Yeah, Turk wanted a bigger contract, but we ended up bringing him back (losing Gortat in the process), so they should have just resigned him. Plus we lost Lee and who knows, he would have gained experience and plained a bigger role, thus helping us more.

You wouldn't be surprised if a team won 66 games in a row, many of those games being back to back to back to backs?

I sure as hell would. . .

I was exaggerating, obviously. But I'll still be surprised each time that team loses.

EAST:

1. Miami

2. Chicago

3. Orlando

4. Boston

5. Atlanta

6. New York (I'm just not feeling it)

7. Indiana

8. Philadelphia

WEST:

1. Oklahoma City (pretty much by default)

2. San Antonio

3. Los Angeles Lakers

4. Dallas

5. Los Angeles Clippers

6. Portland

7. Memphis

8. Denver

I like these predictions except the clippers slightly lower and Denver slightly higher.

Matchups for us:

Bulls:

They have shut us down in previous experiences and we would definitely have a tough time scoring.

Derrick rose will struggle since he gets most of his points under the rim and well.. you know who's under our rims.

Hedo will not be very effective with Deng guarding him pretty much the whole game.

Have no idea how J-Rich will play. I hope we can get Rose switched up on him a couple of times and put him in the post.

Abuse Korver defensively any time he's on.

Ryan should play well since Boozer won't be able to guard him effectively. Gibson might be a different story.

Not sure if they can defend Dwight one on one.

JJ should play like he is now.

Celtics:

O'neal isn't a great pick and roll defender as far as I'm aware and we will probably have a pretty easy time scoring.

START JJ

Miami:

I feel like we can win because they have a hard time stopping our threes. They overhelp and that's what leaves us wide open.

They will always double Dwight and this will start our ball movement.

Depends if Wade and Bron drop 30+ on us

Knicks will make us look like a #1 offensive team