Sign in to follow this  
Manu Ginobili

Ryan Anderson breakout season?

I've always said Anderson is under-rated. As a starter he will show his worth. BTW, JJ is a keeper. Boy is clutch. And Duhon is becoming reliable!

I've always said Anderson is under-rated. As a starter he will show his worth. BTW, JJ is a keeper. Boy is clutch. And Duhon is becoming reliable!

Could not agree more! If Howard was not grabbing just about every board so far, Anderson Could be averaging a double double so far. JJ is playing great, and while I am still not sold on Duhon, he has played much better. Add Turk in the mix and it is looking like PG play could determine how the season goes.

Can't wait to see him against the Bulls on Friday. That game will be a real tell for how our season will look.

Exactly. We have to see how he performs against the more elite teams, and with a solid sample size, before making any judgements.

The sample size is getting bigger. 20.4 ppg so far this season.

If he's still shooting this well 10 games from now, we can talk.

His game looks the same as last year. He's just shooting better and getting more minutes.

We've played 1 elite team already in OKC and he led the team in points and performed well. I'm starting to think Anderson and Redick are the 2nd and 3rd best players on this team. No one certainly tries harder than these two at least.

I'm hoping Ryan can keep up the good form, he's always going to get good shots because Dwight will be constantly double teamed.

He does need to improve his defense, watching players cut in between him and Hedo enrages me, but five seconds later I'm out of my seat when he chucks down another 3.

If the guy keeps developing then we could have a better piece than Rashard. Rashard was an awesome player, but Anderson hasn't peaked and hasn't had an opportunity starting for a full season. I can't wait to see what he brings by the end of the season. if he averages 20 and 6 I'll be delighted.

I was gonna say he's missed a lot of wide open 3s, but then I looked and he's shooting 44% from downtown. So obviously he's hitting a pretty good %. Still, would like to see some more of those ridiculously wide open shots go down. He's getting a lot of them.

I'm feeling that way but for Redick actually. Don't get me wrong, he is showing improvement but at a much slower pace than expected, I expected much more from him by now 5 years into the league. Anderson, for only 3 years exp is already soaring past Redick imo.

If he's still shooting this well 10 games from now, we can talk.

His game looks the same as last year. He's just shooting better and getting more minutes.

Exactly. And D12 is the reason he is getting these looks. If we have to ship D12, we need to move Ryno as well.

Personally, I believe Harper could be even better once he gets his chance.

but I give kudos to Ryan Anderson who is a very good player and a class act.

I'm not sure Harper is gonna be a better player overall, but I can all but garauntee you he'll be a better defender. Give him some time and he'll be a fantastic help defender. If he can shoot like Ryno in three years he'll be an all-star. Guy is never going to be a great rebounder though.