AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

LMFAO, I can't stop laughing at this video. Hahahaha.

L O freakin' L.

That was easily the most disturbing thing ever posted on this forum. Which is Ok, cause it is also easily the most AWESOME thing ever posted on this forum.

The Orlando Magic will "aggressively" try to acquire Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash prior to the NBA trading deadline on March 15th, reports Jarrod Rudolph of RealGM, citing "multiple sources." Rudolph says he's "not sure" what Orlando could offer Phoenix in order to entice it to part with its franchise player.

Orlando, which entered the All-Star Break with the East's fifth-best record, is hoping to convince superstar center Dwight Howard to re-sign with it long-term when he enters free agency this summer. As analysis from ESPN analyst John Hollinger showed, point-guard play has been the Magic's biggest shortcoming during the 2011/12 season, and that even upgrading to an average player at that position would improve the team tremendously.

Nash is certainly not merely an average player. A seven-time All-Star, Nash currently leads the NBA in assists per game (10.9) while adding 13.9 points on 54.2 percent shooting and 40 percent shooting from three-point range.

Nash, 38, is in the final season of his contract.

Just got this off google. Take it for what it's worth.

Nash for whoever isn't named Dwight Howard or Ryan Anderson. And then Stephen Jackson for Turk. Nash would make this team look so much better.

Depending on who we'd trade.

Nash would make us a big contender, this dude made Amare's life so much easier would get Dwight alot of easy baskets.

I'm worried he'll go to the Lakers, my only hope is the Suns and Lakers hate each other.

You'd think one of JJ or Anderson has to be in the trade.

Nash is in that Dirk stage, he's starving for a title, time is running out.....

Meer, JJ, Q Rich, Orton

for

Nash? He's 38 years old, even though he's still a great PG, he's still 38 years old.

and I'm assuming we would probably have to take on a Childress/Warrick contract. One or the other.

it'd be nice to tap into their C depth and take Robin Lopez, they have Gortat, Frye, and a promising Morris.

• Upvote 1

I was looking at a mock draft and it has us picking Patrick Young from FL as of 2/13. I read his bio on draft xpress and felt he would fit perfectly:

Patric Young's production fluctuated greatly from game to game for Team USA at this Under-19 World Championship. He took turns alternating between flashes of brilliance and disappearance.

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1ngbltSWA

http://www.draftexpress.com

Yup, he'll fit right in.

I was looking at a mock draft and it has us picking Patrick Young from FL as of 2/13. I read his bio on draft xpress and felt he would fit perfectly:

Yup, he'll fit right in.

Been watching Young all year. I will be surprised if he comes out this year. While physically he is NBA ready, his skill set is behind some high school post players. When Donovan sits down with him after the season he will probably suggest for him to stay and get seasoning for one more year. Plus with how stacked this draft class is he is a low lotto pick at the most. But if he stays and builds his skills, he will probably jump to mid lotto, maybe even higher based on his success.

The real prize at Florida is Bradley Beal. He is most definitely NBA ready all around. Killer range, athleticism, and willingness to rebound. His only knock is his size, which I just point to Ellis, Wade, and Gordon for that. It pains me to say it but the only reason he should stay for an extra year is instead of being a top 8 pick he could possibly a top 3 pick next year. But he is ready to go now and if I were his coach I'd suggest he go.