Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I just have a feeling that Deron Williams telling the Nets he won't sign an extension is all part if his plan to join the Magic. Think about it, It forces management to make a decision on him because they'd be scared of losing for nothing at the end if the season. Orlando would then need to stand pat and make them believe that they wouldn't be willing to trade D-Howard to them. I believe that the Magic will end up trading Nelson, Turkoglu, Bass, and a 1st rd pick for Deron Williams. Then we amnesty Arenas and sign Prince, Humphries, and Earl Clark in free agency. Starting lineup: Deron Williams, J.J. Redick, Tayshaun Prince, Kris Humphries, and Dwight Howard. Bench: Chris Duhon, Ryan Anderson, Quentin Richardson, Daniel Orton, Earl Clark.

I just have a feeling that Deron Williams telling the Nets he won't sign an extension is all part if his plan to join the Magic. Think about it, It forces management to make a decision on him because they'd be scared of losing for nothing at the end if the season. Orlando would then need to stand pat and make them believe that they wouldn't be willing to trade D-Howard to them. I believe that the Magic will end up trading Nelson, Turkoglu, Bass, and a 1st rd pick for Deron Williams. Then we amnesty Arenas and sign Prince, Humphries, and Earl Clark in free agency. Starting lineup: Deron Williams, J.J. Redick, Tayshaun Prince, Kris Humphries, and Dwight Howard. Bench: Chris Duhon, Ryan Anderson, Quentin Richardson, Daniel Orton, Earl Clark.

dear god thats awful

It's better than what we have now

I remember Barkley saying "The Orlando Magic have the deepest bench in the NBA"

If....

Chris Duhon, Ryan Anderson, Quentin Richardson, Daniel Orton, Earl Clark.

We have absolutely the worst bench in the nba and wnba.

If....

And NHL

Well I have been watching from afar and just keeping tabs on the Magic through this site and I thought today I would play with the idea of the NBA trade machine. Now I know the trade would need to be tweaked after/or if Gilbert is amnestied but I thought this might work and it did.

Orlando would receive:

Chris Paul PG

Josh Smith PF

Patrick Ewing Jr. SF

New Orleans would receive:

Joe Johnson

Hedo Turkoglu

Atlanta would receive:

Brandon Bass

Trevor Ariza

Jameer Nelson

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=clewa9e

Any thoughts?

Why would Atlanta send us Smith AND help us acquire Chris Paul? Surely Ariza, Nelson, and Bass (and shedding Johnson's contract) is not a sufficient reason.

Why would NO get rid of Paul and Ariza for two bloated contracts (one player and one pizza eating machine) when there are clearly better options on the table for them?

Why would Atlanta send us Smith AND help us acquire Chris Paul? Surely Ariza, Nelson, and Bass (and shedding Johnson's contract) is not a sufficient reason.

Why would NO get rid of Paul and Ariza for two bloated contracts (one player and one pizza eating machine) when there are clearly better options on the table for them?

A perfect world the trade machine would allow for the amnesty of GA and trading rights and picks. I think that trading the rights to the Spanish 7 footer we drafted a few years ago that never seems to get over here could be enticing to NO and some draft picks would help greatly.

If....

Pretty sure Chuck said that back when we had Gortat. And the Heat have always, and will always, have the worst bench.

Fran has no value, and our draft picks would be worthless as trade bait because we would consistently be one of the top teams.

So then Captain, what is your idea?

So then Captain, what is your idea?

This is a ludicrous argument tactic that only ever shows up on the internet.

If someone says your idea is stupid and explains why it is stupid, they don't owe you a better idea. They don't owe you AN idea.

If you say "My plan to make myself rich is to throw myself in front of on-coming trains, and sue the train companies!" then I am completely within reason to say "That's the dumbest *****ing idea I've ever heard."

You can say: "Well what's YOUR plan to instantly make me rich?"

I don't have to give you one though. My not having a plan doesn't make your plan smarter, or even valid in any way.