Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

If we get nets 2 first rd picks might not be a bad deal really like this years possible early entries lots of pf/center type players

My thought, too. If it's just Ellis and junk, screw that. If we can dump Hedo's contract, possibly JRich's, and pick up a few high draft picks? Might be worth it.

I STILL say we keep Dwight until the end of the season.

From SI.com:

Sources with knowledge of Howard's thinking say nothing has changed about his outlook. And while his wish-list of teams still includes the Nets, Lakers and Mavs, New Jersey is far and away the leader.

Though it may pain the purists, it's not just about basketball for Howard. He wants to take his brand global, to leverage the international influence of Russian owner Mikhail Prokhorov while building his brand as Brooklyn's first star. His wandering eye is enticed not only by the Barclays Center that is set to open next season, but the businesses in the booming area around it that could afford many off-court opportunities. He wants, as one source said, to "be Kobe Bryant, not be with Kobe Bryant." Of course, it's hardly that simple.

Full article:

http://www.cnnsi.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/27/all.star.wrapup/index.html#?sct=nba_t2_a3

What? Dwight is like the Kobe Bryant of Centers what more does he want? If he wants spotlight and attention more than winning basketball games then whatever.

My thought, too. If it's just Ellis and junk, screw that. If we can dump Hedo's contract, possibly JRich's, and pick up a few high draft picks? Might be worth it.

I STILL say we keep Dwight until the end of the season.

true tough position to be in if he leaves you have 30 million but who would you use on I feel everyone expendable right now except Ryan jj ish clark. Monte is the guy to get but realistically gonna be hard to pull of

Sounds like Dwight's buddy DWill is already planning his next uniform to be in Dallas.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/nets/2012/02/avery-johnson-mark-cuban-is-a-threat-to-snatch-away-deron-williams

Nets coach Avery Johnson worried former boss Mark Cuban snatching Deron (and Dwight)

DALLAS - The Mavericks were always the biggest threat to snatch away Deron Williams and the dream of bringing a championship contender to Brooklyn. On Monday, coach Avery Johnson shined a light on the elephant in the room.

"For me personally, working for Mark Cuban, he's a threat," said Johnson, a former Mavs coach. "I know the guy. So I think because of the success he's had and I know he got criticized a lot for having all those years when he didn't win a championship.

But he's had some really great success here that rivals any situation, so that's a threat. And for us, we don't make any assumptions until we get Deron signed on the dotted line."

A day ahead of his homecoming game against the Mavericks, Williams gave indications he's amendable - perhaps preferential - to signing with the Mavs when he becomes a free agent. The Dallas native called American Airlines Center "my favorite arena" while taking another shot at the Nets stopgap home in Newark.

"Fans are great (in Dallas). It's always good when arenas have a lot of energy," Williams said. "Ours doesn't have too much energy."

Williams also mentioned the "good shooting background" in Dallas, about a month after he criticized the sightlines in the Prudential Center. "I don't like this arena one bit," Williams said after a loss to the Thunder.

The Nets (10-25) are moving to the $1 billion Barclays Center in Brooklyn next season.

"I always like playing (Dallas)," Williams said. "It's my favorite arena - one of my favorite arenas to play in - probably my favorite to play in."

The Mavericks will have enough cap space to sign Williams in the offseason. If they make some moves – including using their amnesty clause (Brenden Haywood) and trade away some big contracts (Shawn Marion) -- they can create enough space to also sign Dwight Howard.

And you all know about Mark Cuban already lobbying for Shawn Marion to be the 2012 Defensive Player of the Year to get his trade value up:

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/02/mark-cuban-shawn-marion-defensive-player-of-the-year-candidate/

:rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

What? Dwight is like the Kobe Bryant of Centers what more does he want? If he wants spotlight and attention more than winning basketball games then whatever.

So I guess when Dwight said he wanted to be a closer like Kobe Bryant, he was referring to endorsement deals, not anything actually taking place on a basketball court. This makes much more sense now. It's all about winning for Dwight...market shares that is. This guy's priorities are pretty clear, regardless of what he says to try and protect his image. What a joke

Was it someone in here who posted the article that Williams and Dwight aren't as close as the media would lead you to believe? I think the Nets are going to give up anything and everything they have and can get to get Dwight. They cannot take the chance that he resigns and Deron walks.

Sounds like Dwight's buddy DWill is already planning his next uniform to be in Dallas.

I really don't think the Mavericks will be able to clear enough space for both Dwight and Deron. One, definitely. Both would be tough. Even if they amnesty Haywood, I doubt that they'll be able to move Marion to clear the space.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/nets/2012/02/avery-johnson-mark-cuban-is-a-threat-to-snatch-away-deron-williams

And you all know about Mark Cuban already lobbying for Shawn Marion to be the 2012 Defensive Player of the Year to get his trade value up:

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/02/mark-cuban-shawn-marion-defensive-player-of-the-year-candidate/

:rolleyes:

Dwight and Deron ending up in Dallas with Dirk will honestly be the only way (sans Dwight staying here of course) that I will be happy about this whole situation. I mean really. How delicious is that? Stern hates Cuban and we all know it. Most of the league hates Cuban. The Finals last year was supposed to be the swan song. Dwight and CP3 were then supposed to go to the Lakers and form yet again another Laker dominated league for the next 6 years.

Instead? Power shift, the Lakers fade into obscurity as Kobe get's older and only Bynum's rickety knees to carry them. The Clippers (lol) become the main show in town, and we all get to see Lebron and the Heatles keep trying to get rings against one of three stacked west teams, The Thunder, the Clippers, and the Mavericks. And that's if they can get past a Knicks team that I believe can only get better the more they gel, and a Bulls team that will probably become a model of consistency much like the Spurs.

We might get screwed over in the process, but at least I can laugh at the Heat, Lakers, Stern, and heck throw Boston into the mess too while they fade.

• Upvote 4

Dwight and Deron ending up in Dallas with Dirk will honestly be the only way (sans Dwight staying here of course) that I will be happy about this whole situation. I mean really. How delicious is that? Stern hates Cuban and we all know it. Most of the league hates Cuban. The Finals last year was supposed to be the swan song. Dwight and CP3 were then supposed to go to the Lakers and form yet again another Laker dominated league for the next 6 years.

Instead? Power shift, the Lakers fade into obscurity as Kobe get's older and only Bynum's rickety knees to carry them. The Clippers (lol) become the main show in town, and we all get to see Lebron and the Heatles keep trying to get rings against one of three stacked west teams, The Thunder, the Clippers, and the Mavericks. And that's if they can get past a Knicks team that I believe can only get better the more they gel, and a Bulls team that will probably become a model of consistency much like the Spurs.

We might get screwed over in the process, but at least I can laugh at the Heat, Lakers, Stern, and heck throw Boston into the mess too while they fade.

Pretty much all of that.

The Magic are really the only NBA team I follow, but if Dwight goes ANYWHERE else, Dallas is the most palatable. It's Western Conference, so we don't have to see him, AND it screws over the Lakers and every Eastern team that's trying to entice Dwight away from us.

Plus I like watching Dallas play, and watching Dwight win a championship with them would actually be fun to watch. Not as much as in a Magic uniform, but I could do it.

Was it someone in here who posted the article that Williams and Dwight aren't as close as the media would lead you to believe? I think the Nets are going to give up anything and everything they have and can get to get Dwight. They cannot take the chance that he resigns and Deron walks.

When we play the Nets on Mar 16th and hopefully well before, I'd like a reporter to flat out ask Deron if Dwight's tried to get him to come to Orlando. The media should be beating him up too asking Williams "Why Not Orlando?" If Dwight wants to be a leader, instead of being vocal with the media about what he's displeased with, he should have been more active and public lobbying other stars to come here.

When we play the Nets on Mar 16th and hopefully well before, I'd like a reporter to flat out ask Deron if Dwight's tried to get him to come to Orlando. The media should be beating him up too asking Williams "Why Not Orlando?" If Dwight wants to be a leader, instead of being vocal with the media about what he's displeased with, he should have been more active and public lobbying other stars to come here.

him not lobbying for players to come here to me sums it up Dwights outta here right now he's playing the political role his marketability has gone way down and I feel that's what he's really trying to get back

I apologize for saying crap. but if you guys don't want to drop it thats fine. I could careless.

I just have to say otis needs to act fast or his job is on the line.

YOU ARE SUCH A STUPID PERSON!! STOP SPEAKING IN THIS FORUM! You are just making a fool out of yourself you stupid PO$. IDIOT!

All of the post i have been reading shows how much of a boozo you are! GET OUT!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2