Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

bbill these posts are great and are in line with things I have heard as well.

BBill also has said earlier in the thread that Dwight can be a major prima donna at times (on court) and I agree with that.

This is why the Magic would be smart to get Monta if possible. It will make the team better (we have no D at 2 right now, so we lose nothing there) and would give Dwight a great talent to work the inside out game with.

I kinda have the thought that Dwight intends to stay but with how the media is playing this up and with all the build up to the DECISION 2 years ago, he sees himself being the hero in the end. He's Superman. What better way to snatch that title from the Big Journeyman, then to do what Superman does and protect his city. He has it all here. The only thing that would put him on a championship team is free agency, not a trade. A trade would rip up any teams roster and he would be left with a rebuild anyway. I cant see Kobe and Dwight or Deron and Dwight winning it all by themselves. Dwight has a chemistry here that he WONT find anywhere else. We're a 3 pt. menace with a better than average defense. Dwight doesnt carry this team the way Lebron did in Cleveland. He doesnt have to. Why would he want to start over when he's so hell-bent on winning. If he were to opt in to the last year of his contract, I believe he would see the light at the end of the tunnel.

bbill these posts are great and are in line with things I have heard as well.

BBill also has said earlier in the thread that Dwight can be a major prima donna at times (on court) and I agree with that.

This is why the Magic would be smart to get Monta if possible. It will make the team better (we have no D at 2 right now, so we lose nothing there) and would give Dwight a great talent to work the inside out game with.

And it would give us a player that can take over the game by himself. Just ask the Thunder. If the Warriors continue to suck, I really think we could try to make a move at the deadline to get him.

Here is a little inside story I just got.

For those who don't know, I sit low enough to hear and see all of the players interactions. Well, last night I didn't go to the game but my friend who we share seats with did. He is friends with some people, who know some people. Anyway, he and Jack (he is high up, and I'll name protect him in case he didn't want his name out) were in the Club at the Arena, when Dwight's bodyguard came walking in. They know eachother from here and there and started to talk a little bit. Obviously the Dwight staying/going came up and the Bodyguard said flat out "don't believe everything you hear, Dwight wants to stay, he really does." So they countered with well, why doesn't he just say so and whats the deal, etc? Again the bodyguard said he wanted to stay but there were some things that have started to get Dwight mad. He spelled it all out:

Over the summer, prior to Dwight asking for the trade, he flew up to Grand Rapids to meet with DeVos about how he felt. He also had a few minor (I see them as immature but subtle) demands. 1- he wanted Deron Williams and/or Stephen Jackson/Monta Ellis (everyone knows this). 2- he wanted his personal trainer to be allowed to travel with the team and himself. This is something that DeVos, for whatever reason denied him of. Then Dwight said he wanted to change some small tedious stuff, like when he got flown to the All Star Game last year, the Magic flew him on their sponsor airline; Air Tran or Jet Blue, instead of on a Jet like the rest of the All Stars got. He said he wanted to be treated like all of the other "Stars" in the league pretty much.

So, my friend and *Jack, (much like all of you now) said minus Williams/Jackson/Ellis, that sounded dumb and easily attainable. The bodyguard stated again that if the Magic got another any all-star style player and some things changed that Dwight would stay. *Jack is personal friends with DeVos, who was at the game last night, and asked if he could share this little story. The Bodyguard said "you can tell anybody you would like." So, *Jack went straight to DeVos himself at the game and started telling him what he had just heard. DeVos nodded the entire time and said that was an accurate story.

So there you have it, straight from both sides.

great info! keep it coming. actually made me feel a little more confident in d12 staying....

i could see us getting jackson with the chances of getting ellis abit less & deron who knows...

For those who don't know, I sit low enough to hear and see all of the players interactions. Well, last night I didn't go to the game but my friend who we share seats with did. He is friends with some people, who know some people. Anyway, he and Jack (he is high up, and I'll name protect him in case he didn't want his name out) were in the Club at the Arena, when Dwight's bodyguard came walking in. They know eachother from here and there and started to talk a little bit. Obviously the Dwight staying/going came up and the Bodyguard said flat out "don't believe everything you hear, Dwight wants to stay, he really does." So they countered with well, why doesn't he just say so and whats the deal, etc? Again the bodyguard said he wanted to stay but there were some things that have started to get Dwight mad. He spelled it all out:

Over the summer, prior to Dwight asking for the trade, he flew up to Grand Rapids to meet with DeVos about how he felt. He also had a few minor (I see them as immature but subtle) demands. 1- he wanted Deron Williams and/or Stephen Jackson/Monta Ellis (everyone knows this). 2- he wanted his personal trainer to be allowed to travel with the team and himself. This is something that DeVos, for whatever reason denied him of. Then Dwight said he wanted to change some small tedious stuff, like when he got flown to the All Star Game last year, the Magic flew him on their sponsor airline; Air Tran or Jet Blue, instead of on a Jet like the rest of the All Stars got. He said he wanted to be treated like all of the other "Stars" in the league pretty much.

So, my friend and *Jack, (much like all of you now) said minus Williams/Jackson/Ellis, that sounded dumb and easily attainable. The bodyguard stated again that if the Magic got another any all-star style player and some things changed that Dwight would stay. *Jack is personal friends with DeVos, who was at the game last night, and asked if he could share this little story. The Bodyguard said "you can tell anybody you would like." So, *Jack went straight to DeVos himself at the game and started telling him what he had just heard. DeVos nodded the entire time and said that was an accurate story.

If these simple requests keep Dwight in Orlando, the Magic are fools if they don't accommodate him.

well i guess we have about 40 days to get this all figured out then, dont we?

lets all just sit back and enjoy the games until the trade deadline smile_partypepsi.gifsmile_popcorn.gif

If these simple requests keep Dwight in Orlando, the Magic are fools if they don't accommodate him.

I agree, although I'm sure Dwight has asked for some other things that were a little too much.

Regardless, thanks Bill for the info. Even though I hate S-Jax, he probably can be had cheaply so we should go for it. If we do that and then Dwight ops in, we will have more than enough space to get Dwight who he wants and he is happy in the short term as well.

As we get closer to the actual trading deadline, it seems like more positive things are coming out... weird.

So this may be the incident Dwight was talking about that occurred last summer.